06 stoplight-creep question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 06 stoplight-creep question

with my 04 HCH CVT when I am stopped at a long redlight and the 10 cars in front of me creep forward and leave a big gap I feel compelled to move up and close the gap out of courtesy to those behind me.

But when I do the auto stop does not come back on because I did not get up to some magic speed.

What is that speed?
And is it lower on the 06?

Last edited by kenny; 11-18-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Vegetarian
Default Re: 06 stoplight-creep question

the magic speed is 10 mph
i don't know about the 06.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid

Hmmm... different for different years? With my 03, as soon as I take my foot off the brake, the gas engine wakes up. So there ain't NO steenking creeping!

I try to get away with "ignoring" the creep by pretending I'm cussing someone on an invisible cell phone.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IMAhybrid
I just did several tests on an empty road, accelerating up to each integral speed (1 mph, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) and then stopping. On the 06, the magic speed seems to be 7 mph, although I saw some variance. Once I only got to 3 mph before stopping and it auto-stopped, so maybe it's taking more into account than just the speed. I couldn't detect a clear pattern though. Going up to at least 7 before braking auto-stopped every time.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:30 PM

The instruction manual says you have to go at least 8 mph with the '06 so NASA's figures are not surprising. Does shifting into neutral or Park engage auto-stop? I can't remember. It should, but it might not.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
The instruction manual says you have to go at least 8 mph with the '06 so NASA's figures are not surprising. Does shifting into neutral or Park engage auto-stop? I can't remember. It should, but it might not.
Actually, park restarts the engine after an auto-stop, which I find kind of annoying. It's a letdown to coast into a parking spot, no fuel flowing during the entire coast, and auto-stop when you come to a stop, only to have the ICE restart when you put it in park! I've gotten into the habit of shutting off the engine before putting it into park to save that extra bit of gas. Does that make me a hypermiler, or just obsessed?

I'm not sure either whether putting it in park while the ICE is running forces auto-stop.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Vegetarian

i've tried the neutral thing in my cvt with no luck. but i've only done it once, and i don't remember why i wasn't autostopped.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 PM

Hi Kenny:

___And everybody else reading this post for that matter … This is when you perform a FAS, pure and simple. If you have problems with it at 8 mph and under speeds, you shouldn’t have purchased a Honda hybrid in the first place! FAS as soon as you are creeping up on the ICE for those 5 car lengths and be done with Honda’s mistake. If you don’t, you are throwing away gallons of fuel per year.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 AM

wayne what's FAS?

Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by kenny
wayne what's FAS?
Forced auto-stop (turning off the key). Check out the glossary (link at the top of the page). I've found it it be a great help!

Quick Reply: 06 stoplight-creep question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands