2004 hch won't start after few mins of stopping

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Enthusiast
Angry 2004 hch won't start after few mins of stopping

Hi guys,

I am having problems with my car, 2 days back my cousin drove the car for about 50 miles then parked for a few mins with ignition off and then car didn't start, had to jump start and then no probes after that.

Today I went to London about 87 miles no problems but then I had to park on the road with ignition off and hazard lights on...after just about 5 mins I tried to start and it didn't start, all the lights were normal...I tried a couple of times and nothing happened then I took the key out and after a few mins tried again, this time it started but my ima battery showed 0 charge, my odometer was set to total milage...and no warning lights.

Should I just replace the 12 v battery?

Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Default Re: 2004 hch won't start after few mins of stopping

Remove the cables from the 12V battery, clean and inspect both the cables and the battery posts, charge the 12V battery overnight with a battery charger, do a load test on the 12V battery after charging. Make sure you thoroughly inspect the negative cables for wear, especially if you live in a high winter salt environment. I found mine almost completely rotted where it attached to the engine/transmission block.

If it won't hold 12-13 volts for 10 seconds after charging replace the 12V battery.

Make sure you have the radio code before disconnecting battery.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll check all that and see if it fixes the issue.

About the radio code, previous owner took out the original deck from the car and installed sony xplod, do I still need that radio code? if yes then where do i enter that code? :O

Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Think green.

I would think the code only needs to be entered if you still had an OEM (original equipment) radio. But maybe someone else can back me up on that assumption.