2005 owners - wish you had waited?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 owners - wish you had waited?

Originally Posted by Civic Duty

Still, is anybody else feeling the slightest pang of "I wish I had waited?"
Nope, not at all. I've got close to 6k miles on my '05 that have been using gas at a hybrid rate instead of whatever 20 MPG I might have been squeezing out of another car. I like the car, I've had 0 bad experiences with it, it's a perfect fit for the usages I give it, and I honestly can't imagine having driven something else for the last half year when the time came that I needed a new ride.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:35 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

nope-
I love my dark blue 2005. I have a slight envy of electric only mode; we really wanted that and originally looked at an escape- but due to delivery delays (9 months) and price vs mileage- we got the HCH and never looked back. I don't like the design of the 2006; saw one over the weekend as well as a 2006 jetta- they both seem to be the same sort of anemic blend to me. I also think the guage package is not as good as the first gen hch; the fcg only goes to 100 with a 50 mark in the middle. seems like it will be harder to get feedback from a minimal guage like that. I need my 40 & 60 marks!
plus I've been getting great mileage since feb 05 when my old explorer died anyway. I'll stick with my 05 for a few years yet.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Brains of the Operation

I have to say, I did search hard for this dark blue color, and would be upset not to get it in an '06. And honestly, I feel as though the '03-'05 exterior might be a little cooler. I've always liked the extremely aggressive looking headlights, which have been sedated in the new Civic. However, the '06 interior looks amazing. The lines are so sleek, and it just looks more sophisticated. I like how the digital speedometer almost blends right into the windshield. The stereo has got to be better than the stock '05 stereo - 6 speakers instead of 4 might suggest a more powrful head unit comes standard, as well. That said, I will post the by now standard retort that I still love my '05, and will drive her until she's dead, hopefully many years from now.

OH! And last nighht someone rammed me from behind in a parking lot and sped off! I didn't even clearly see what kind of car it was, much less the license plate or anything! Now I've got an ugly red blemish on my bumper - grrr. It isn't deformed or anything, but there's a red smear and lots of scratches, and the clear coat is obviously compromised. So much for my brand new, pristine automobile.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KLCarch
I also think the guage package is not as good as the first gen hch; the fcg only goes to 100 with a 50 mark in the middle. seems like it will be harder to get feedback from a minimal guage like that. I need my 40 & 60 marks!
I do like the exterior and interior of the '06 very much - it's a great looking car - but I was also kinda puzzled when I saw the first shot of the FCD and it only went to 100 MPG. I love our steady 20 MPG increments and the easy-to-see 10s markers in between. And for some reason I thought the FCD on the '06 just doesn't look as high-tech as the 05's, mileage gauge range aside.

Civic Duty, sorry to hear about the accident! Could you at least report make/model/color estimations to the police?

Old 10-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___None of us can be sure because those that would notice the FCD’s increments have not driven it yet. I have the feeling that the 0 - 100 mpg FCD will display in 5 - 10 mpg increments with small blocks. I also believe the bars will go past the 100 mpg mark to show upwards of 120 mpg just like the HCH-I. Just a guess but we will all know soon enough.

___Tigerhonaker, where is that HCH-II!

___As an edit: Civic Duty, I too am sorry about the hit your HCH took from a knuckle head. Are there parking lot camera’s overlooking that lot by chance? If so, you got em!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Last edited by xcel; 10-17-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast

When I picked up my 05 this September, the 06 LXs kept popping up in the service lane. I admired the new design from front and back but NOT from the side. The nice details interior - I can see that the 06 HCH will have cup holders in the back - finally ! LOL.
All in all, sometimes I regret buying my 05. In 06 there will be tax credit which is way better than tax deduction but I had no choice when I bought my 05, I already sold my CR-V and I was tired driving my rental car for 4 days LOL.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 2005 owners - wish you had waited?

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi All:

___None of us can be sure because those that would notice the FCD’s increments have not driven it yet. I have the feeling that the 0 - 100 mpg FCD will display in 5 - 10 mpg increments with small blocks. I also believe the bars will go past the 100 mpg mark to show upwards of 120 mpg just like the HCH-I. Just a guess but we will all know soon enough.

___Tigerhonaker, where is that HCH-II!

___As an edit: Civic Duty, I too am sorry about the hit your HCH took from a knuckle head. Are there parking lot camera’s overlooking that lot by chance? If so, you got em!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net
Hi Wayne; Check out my last post on the thread I started (Why I Cancelled The 2006 HCH). There will be an update on this Saturday 10/22/05.

Terry