2006 Civic - Hard Seats - Can you get used to it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: 2006 Civic - Hard Seats - Can you get used to it?

Originally Posted by psyshack
Honda does not build plush seats. They never have and dont think they ever will. Thats Toyota. They build the soft seats like Fords and Buicks have.
My boyfriend has a 05 Corrolla, and I don't like his seats. It's not the hard/softness but the shape/angle isn't right for me.
I test drove an 03? Mazda protege5 that had really comfortable seats. The 05 3s seat weren't that great though.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think the seats are fine. In fact, my wife commented to me that this car is more comfortable long distances(5hr drive to Delaware) then the 02 Infiniti I35 I had before trading it in for this wonderful car!!

Old 04-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalemccl
Did some of you find the seats uncomfortable at first, but then you adjusted to it and now you don't think about it anymore?
Of course you can only decide for yourself, but for me the seats in my HCHII are the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. Yes, they're firm, but as others point out it's not a bad firm, just a... firm firm, if that makes sense. They aren't hard, is what I'm trying to say.

They're really quite sporty and they sort of "hold" you, I like them.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

One of the major manufacturers (VW, I think) had an ad campaign a year or two ago that actually highlighted the fact that they had firm seats as compared to the competition.
That said - I love the seats in my HCH. I drive 3+ hours per day and find them quite comfortable, even compared to my former Insight's seats which were also 'firm' - maybe more firm than the HCH. By comparison, my F-150 has 'marshmallow' seats, which are comfortable for short rides, but really get uncomfortable on long-hauls.

Jim

Old 04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The HCH II seats to me are suprisingly comfortable but not as comfortable as my Volvo seats, which are the best for me that I have ever sat in among car seats.

That being said, you can get a more cushy seat by redoing them in leather, where a bit more cushiness is added. The dealers in West Houston use Westside Upholestry to do their Civic seats in leather. I think the cost is like 450-500 a seat however.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
One of the major manufacturers (VW, I think) had an ad campaign a year or two ago that actually highlighted the fact that they had firm seats as compared to the competition.
That said - I love the seats in my HCH. I drive 3+ hours per day and find them quite comfortable, even compared to my former Insight's seats which were also 'firm' - maybe more firm than the HCH. By comparison, my F-150 has 'marshmallow' seats, which are comfortable for short rides, but really get uncomfortable on long-hauls.

Jim
Interesting that you mention that. In general seats in Honda's tend to be more firm than seats in GM and Ford vehicles in my observation as a frequent renter. This give you much better support during cornering, etc....

Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just completed two 825 mile trips, Davenport to Atlanta, then back. Going out I stopped once for fuel and twice for short rests. Coming back I took at quick pit stop and one other stop to get fuel. The seats where great. Never felt uncomfortable, and I was glad for the firmer support. My recomendation is, don't be concerned about the seats - they are fine.