2006 Civic Hybrid - Electric Motor Only?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 Civic Hybrid - Electric Motor Only?

Hello Everyone, I just got myself a Magnetic Pearl Hybrid with custom leather seats and heated seats

I like it very much and I'm getting a little over 40 mpg at the moment. I'm not sure if this normal as I see some people actually getting closer to 47 mpg according to the posts. I am getting bit over 40 mpg while I am actually trying to get good mileage (ie, in downhills, I try to coast as much as possible).

The question I have is that according to documentation, the 06 HCH can go in electric only mode under 35 mph in certain conditons. I have been looking at my dash indicators but I have yet to see the combustion engine shut off during actual driving under 35 mph. How do I know when the "electric only" mode has kicked in?

Thanks very much and I look forward to being a member of this forum.

Manchild

Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid - Electric Motor Only?

Congrats on your HCH II...please see this link, it goes into detail about EV mode:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-hch.4635.html

Old 03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah -- I agree -- check the other thread. However, it's darned tricky to get into EV-only mode with the HCHII's at first. Dodgy even if you've had it a while, too. For the most part, I just gave up trying to work that into my driving technique. With my ADD, I'd go crashing into people like crazy if I tried to do that all the time.

Don

Old 03-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

It is a very subtle change when your HCH is in EV only mode. You will see your instantaneous MPG at 100 and your assist at a couple bars. Just try modulating your accelerator a bit when you are cruising and note how it affects your mileage and assist read-outs.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manchild
Hello Everyone, I just got myself a Magnetic Pearl Hybrid with custom leather seats and heated seats

I like it very much and I'm getting a little over 40 mpg at the moment. I'm not sure if this normal as I see some people actually getting closer to 47 mpg according to the posts. I am getting bit over 40 mpg while I am actually trying to get good mileage (ie, in downhills, I try to coast as much as possible).

The question I have is that according to documentation, the 06 HCH can go in electric only mode under 35 mph in certain conditons. I have been looking at my dash indicators but I have yet to see the combustion engine shut off during actual driving under 35 mph. How do I know when the "electric only" mode has kicked in?

Thanks very much and I look forward to being a member of this forum.

Manchild
I know it's been awhile, but if you get back here could you comment on your experiences with the aftermarket seats?

Thanks.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
I know it's been awhile, but if you get back here could you comment on your experiences with the aftermarket seats?

Thanks.
The aftermarket seats rock! I got it done through my Honda dealer's approved "leather shop" and it really makes my Hybrid more classy. The heated seats are a great addition. I'm sure the quality of the seats will vary with different shops but luckily, the one I got it done through really did it as good if not better than most factory installed leather.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the response.

Do you happen to know where the install shop tapped to power the heating elements? Or do you have the name/phone# of the shop that did the work?

I have a shop willing to do the work, but they said it couldn't hurt to research where the best place to tap power might be due to the unique nature of the hybrid.

Thanks again.