2006 HCH NAV/Voice Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 HCH NAV/Voice Question

Hello,
Does the 06 HCH NAV/Voice Command accept any other voice commands besides Navigation? I know that radio/CD volume, channel selection, track selection voice commands are available on the Acura vehicles. Does the 06 HCH also have this feature?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 11-25-2005, 08:49 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 2006 HCH NAV/Voice Question

Originally Posted by seattlite
Hello,
Does the 06 HCH NAV/Voice Command accept any other voice commands besides Navigation? I know that radio/CD volume, channel selection, track selection voice commands are available on the Acura vehicles. Does the 06 HCH also have this feature?

Thanks,
Richard
Hi seattlite; The Nav, option on the Hondas will do a variety of voice commands like, Auto-climate-control, sound system, X/M Sat. Radio, as some examples. I have owned Hondas with the Nav. Option and as you have said about the Acura Nav. , Honda is similar in voice commands. I would imagine that there are slight differences in the two with the Acura Line being the Upper-End if you will so Acura probably has some different functions through their voice commands that Honda does not. I have not seen the operators book on the Acura as compared to the Honda so cannot say for sure what the differences are or would be if any. I can tell you that it would take a person with a very-very good memory to be able to remember all the voice commands that are available on the Honda Nav. Vehicles. They do alot through the voice commands.

HTH

Terry

Old 11-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HCH NAV/Voice Question

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi seattlite; The Nav, option on the Hondas will do a variety of voice commands like, Auto-climate-control, sound system, X/M Sat. Radio, as some examples. I have owned Hondas with the Nav. Option and as you have said about the Acura Nav. , Honda is similar in voice commands. I would imagine that there are slight differences in the two with the Acura Line being the Upper-End if you will so Acura probably has some different functions through their voice commands that Honda does not. I have not seen the operators book on the Acura as compared to the Honda so cannot say for sure what the differences are or would be if any. I can tell you that it would take a person with a very-very good memory to be able to remember all the voice commands that are available on the Honda Nav. Vehicles. They do alot through the voice commands.

HTH

Terry
Thanks Terry! I was hoping that the 06 HCH Nav would have limited functionality since now it makes my decision between the HCH and the Prius that much more difficult.

I keep vacillating between the Prius and the HCH. The price difference between a non-Nav Prius(HK option, I'm unwilling to pay $28K for the NAV option) and the 06-HCH NAV is about $2200. I'm uncertain whether the smart key, HID's, traction control is worth the extra $2200. I was hoping that the 06 HCH Nav would not be that feature rich, which would then sway into getting the Prius.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 2006 HCH NAV/Voice Question

Thanks Terry! I was hoping that the 06 HCH Nav would have limited functionality since now it makes my decision between the HCH and the Prius that much more difficult.

I keep vacillating between the Prius and the HCH. The price difference between a non-Nav Prius(HK option, I'm unwilling to pay $28K for the NAV option) and the 06-HCH NAV is about $2200. I'm uncertain whether the smart key, HID's, traction control is worth the extra $2200. I was hoping that the 06 HCH Nav would not be that feature rich, which would then sway into getting the Prius.

Thanks,
Richard
seattlite; It goes without saying that between the two HCHs that it will come down to personal choice. Either one of these is (IMO) an excellent vehicle with different looks and especially in their interiors which to me are very different. I prefer the HCH ll because I like the outside looks of the 06 model and I really like the way Honda did the Interior with the two tier dash layout. But, then again I have owned many-many Hondas over the yrs. and have driven them without any undue down time. The only thing I might point out to you concerning the Prius is that I just do-not like the way Toyota does the dash layout, but that is me. I prefer the instruments to be in front of my eyes and not off in the middle of the dash. This is a hard one for sure but either one you go with I think you will be satisfied.

The other thing that swayed my decision was I really like the Two-Tone Blue Interior that you can get in the 06 HCH ll with the right outside color choice. I like that it is different and not just the same old neutral colors that you get in all vehicles. Thats me though.

Regards;

Terry

BTW: Good-Luck and Have-Fun

Old 12-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

Is the 06 HCH's NAV touch screen? Just curious since I see a "selector" ****/stick on the upper right of the NAV display.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Is the 06 HCH's NAV touch screen? Just curious since I see a "selector" ****/stick on the upper right of the NAV display.
It's both. The selector is a joystick you can use to navigate the screen, then you can push it in to select. You can also just use the touch screen. The joystick is nice for scrolling through lists though (destinations, closest ATM locations, mp3's, etc.) since you can hold it down instead of repeatedly pressing the 'scroll page down' button on the screen.