2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Hi guys,

I purchased a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid with 60k miles on it, and am experiencing an "unsmooth" acceleration when going from a stop to normal surface streets. I have never driven a hybrid before, so I'm not sure if it's normal, but when I stop at a light, and hit the accelerator to go, the car feels like it jerks a little. Sorry I'm not good at explaining, but the best way I can say it is, it feels like I'm in a stick shift car; when the driver has to manually shift from stop to drive, you can feel the car "moving" into gear. Also, when I'm slowing down, the car something jerks slightly. Generally, the car doesn't feel "smooth" like an automatic car, but I wasn't sure if this is because it's something about a hybrid I'm not understanding. I just had the oil changed, and the transmission fluid checked (mechanic said it's a little browner than it should be). Do you think it would be the fluid? Does anyone have any other input on why the car would do that? Thanks so much!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

That is just the a matter of getting used to what is going on I.E. regen and assist of the electric cutting in and out. Really noticeable when braking. Also the CVT takes some getting used to as well. H