age old question: HCH vs. Prius

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default age old question: HCH vs. Prius

HCH vs. Prius. Which should I buy? Key issues: Fuel economy? Reliability? Safety features? Other?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: age old question: HCH vs. Prius

Yes, it's an old question, addressed many times here. Check a search. There are active threads also.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Even if you can't take them both out for a test drive, sit in them. Are they comfortable for you? Do you like the console layout? The radio and climate buttons? Can you see out the windshield (Yes, seriously. I'm too tall to see out of the Prius!)?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Great Mileage and Green

Both are cars of excellent quality and superb gas mileage....I'm partial to the Civic since I've now owned both an HCH I and and HCH II, but I am always glad to see a Prius on the road and less gas used and pollutants spewed.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

I just think the Honda looks cooler inside and out. I sat in both and I really didn't like the feel of the prius.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

I'll try not to turn this into a Prius bashing thread but...
My daughter spelled it out great for me. Don't comply to the rest of the world...get the Honda Civic Hybrid. It looks better!

We just got back from a long trip to N.C. from NJ and we were counting the amount of HCHII vs Prius and I have to say that we saw way more Prius's on the road but there were alot of Honda's too. (I think its because the Prius is so ugly...they stand out) Just because we saw more of them doesn't necessarily mean that the Prius's are a better car. We also considered the Toyota dealership that is near us. We did not like the way we were being treated and we hadn't even made a decision on the car yet. They (sales)were very cocky about charging over msrp for the car...as much as several thousand over list price. It wasn't too hard of a decision to go with the HCHII. We are waiting for delivery to happen by next week on the HCHII. The first Prius would have been available by the end of September! And that is assuming that it came in with the right packages...another bad idea from Toyota. Selling you more than you want on an already inflated priced car. I feel that they (Toyota) are gouging the public as sales in all car manufacturers are down with the economy crunch! they are taking advantage of this fact for as long as it takes for the other manufacturers to begin offering alternatives.

HBJ

Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Buy the one that feels best for you. Both are great cars! H

Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 AM
HypoFueler

If you are insisting on one of these two hybrids - they are both good choices and are close in most performance categories. You should test drive them.

If you are looking to save $$, you might be better to buy a new (or used) non hybrid. The fuel $ you save in the hybrids may not be worth their higher price, especially if you can squeeze 35mpg+ out of a non hybrid. Driving mucho miles per year 20k+ helps justify the hybrid.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

especially here in Australia, the government gives the consumer ZERO incentive to purchase hybrid vehicles and the hybrid is about $10,000 more than a equivalent counterpart!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Spinner,why bring up the 8-month old thread?

The original question is moot with the 2010 Prius right around the corner. I suspect it will be a better car and value than the current HCHII. Let's start up the discussion when the '10s are available.

nf

Quick Reply: age old question: HCH vs. Prius

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands