**All HOV Stickers in California has issued**

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Smile **All HOV Stickers in California has issued**

The state Department of Motor Vehicles announced Friday that it has issued all of the 85,000 carpool lane stickers available to hybrid drivers under a state law passed in 2005.

Spokesman Steve Haskins said his agency has received 700 applications more than the limit for the $8 stickers, which expire in 2010.
The passes allow drivers of hybrids that get at least 45 miles per gallon to drive in freeway carpool lanes, even if they are alone in the vehicle. Only three vehicles qualified: the Toyota Prius, the Honda Insight and the hybrid Honda Civic.
The number of hybrid vehicles registered in California has doubled in the last year, to 135,000. Those still contemplating a hybrid purchase have one other option: buying a used hybrid that already has a sticker -- the stickers stay with the vehicles when they are sold.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: **All HOV Stickers in California has issued**

Originally Posted by EKL
The state Department of Motor Vehicles announced Friday that it has issued all of the 85,000 carpool lane stickers available to hybrid drivers under a state law passed in 2005.

Spokesman Steve Haskins said his agency has received 700 applications more than the limit for the $8 stickers, which expire in 2010.
The passes allow drivers of hybrids that get at least 45 miles per gallon to drive in freeway carpool lanes, even if they are alone in the vehicle. Only three vehicles qualified: the Toyota Prius, the Honda Insight and the hybrid Honda Civic.
The number of hybrid vehicles registered in California has doubled in the last year, to 135,000. Those still contemplating a hybrid purchase have one other option: buying a used hybrid that already has a sticker -- the stickers stay with the vehicles when they are sold.
Why are you estatic about this? I think this sucks, I just purchased my HCH last month and now it looks as though one of the motivating factors aside from decreasing my impact on the environment and saving money, the ability to legally drive in the commuter lane is gone.

I guess since you got your sticker, this is an online version of you touching your thumb to your nose and wiggling your fingers "nah, nah, nah".

#UCK off. Heres a squigly face for ya,

Old 02-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zo6 2 hch
Not a very nice post from a newbie. Payback's a beyotch!

Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

You snooze you lose. Im happy that its been cancelled as the values will be strong on used cars w/ decals. I plan on selling mine in two years to someone who could put them to better use - the retained value on my HCHII will be used to upgrade to hopefully a more efficient Hybrid.

You have to set limits otherwise the lanes would be clogged up. Its no secret that this was limited in availability.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
EKL
Active Enthusiast

LoL !!! Yes...I am so happy because next time when I pass you on the HOV lane driving by myself I will put my thumb on my nose and wiggling my fingers at you!!!

Oh, yes I almost forgot...free toll on the Bay Bridge with the stickers!!!!
I think you better keep your wheels and sell your 2007 and buy a used 2006.

Originally Posted by zo6 2 hch
Why are you estatic about this? I think this sucks, I just purchased my HCH last month and now it looks as though one of the motivating factors aside from decreasing my impact on the environment and saving money, the ability to legally drive in the commuter lane is gone.

I guess since you got your sticker, this is an online version of you touching your thumb to your nose and wiggling your fingers "nah, nah, nah".

Last edited by EKL; 02-04-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

LOL, ha ha ha ha. Kids these days....

=P

Old 02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

I hate that dept.

A employee lied over to the phone to me, when I got my application sent back to me.

"Oh, I have your address, and you will receieve your stickers, no issue."

me "really, but you dont have my check, it got sent back" (1/17 mind you)

"yes, you will."

I call back, same coversation.

today, i call back and ask for the manager. "nope, she was wrong, you will not get them - people who bought their car months ago are not getting them"

lies, all lies. this is crazy - If I resent in my paper work, there is a chance I could have got them. Its the lie that the rep said over the phone to get me off that is angering me.

I will appeal this, but I doubt there will be any solution.

Last edited by carbnjunkie; 02-08-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Enthusiast

Do you really get free bridge tolls???? I thought you still have to pay as you drive through, that's why we have the "hybrid" transponders from Fastrack...

Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luddite
Do you really get free bridge tolls???? I thought you still have to pay as you drive through, that's why we have the "hybrid" transponders from Fastrack...
Yep, you still have to pay if you're ridin'solo. Either by transponder or the old fashion way. If you have the minimum number of occupants in the vehicle (either 2 or 3) then you don't have to pay (applies to all other cars).

From FasTrak site:

FasTrak®
The first step is to sign up for a new FasTrak® toll tag for hybrids. The new toll tag is necessary because, in the Bay Area, solo hybrid drivers can also now take advantage of designated carpool-only lanes on those bridges that have them – the Bay Bridge, San Mateo-Hayward Bridge, Carquinez Bridge, and Dumbarton Bridge.

However, passage is not free, as it is for carpoolers and drivers of alternative fuel vehicles. Drivers of single-occupancy hybrid vehicles still must pay tolls when crossing these bridges – and all other toll bridges. On these bridges though, tolls can only be paid electronically by means of the special new hybrid FasTrak® toll tag.

Because any eligible hybrid vehicle may use the carpool-only lanes on these bridges, all hybrids must be outfitted with these special devices. So, even hybrid drivers who do not regularly commute across a toll bridge must sign up for FasTrak® to use the carpool lanes.

Last edited by hchprius; 02-09-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alloyz
You snooze you lose. Im happy that its been cancelled as the values will be strong on used cars w/ decals. I plan on selling mine in two years to someone who could put them to better use - the retained value on my HCHII will be used to upgrade to hopefully a more efficient Hybrid.

You have to set limits otherwise the lanes would be clogged up. Its no secret that this was limited in availability.
Yeah wait two years cause your car is going to by heavily sought after considering the stickers are only good for another 3 yrs.

Its very egotistical to take pleasure in another persons misfortune or anguish. The creator of this thread is an a$$wipe in my opinion. newbie? Please, accomplish half of the things I have in the automotive world before you call me a newbie.

Quick Reply: **All HOV Stickers in California has issued**

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands