another intelligent wiper find

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default another intelligent wiper find

it appears that when the intermittent wipers are set to their quickest setting, they will speed up when driving street speeds and slow down when driving parking lot speeds. i have been able to reproduce this no problem. basically, when you are in the parking lot, they wipe once a second. as you pick up speed, they go to what appears to be normal speed. also, when you let your foot off the brake after a stop, they do a quick swipe to ready your windshield for driving. pretty slick!

Old 02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: another intelligent wiper find

Man, does anybody actually read the manual. I usual spend the first night in bed reading it I am so excited. Pretty soon it will be like software where you have to pay extra for the paper manual.

Mine came with a quick reference guide which I've never seen before. It was really well done and useful.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:22 PM

Pretty soon the driver won't need any intelligence at all. We'll just have roads full of cars behaving as if they know what we need better than we do. Won't that be a hoot? Hopefully we'll all be wearing helmets in cars by then.

Call me old fashioned, but I am perfecty happy letting the driver control some things.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
it appears that when the intermittent wipers are set to their quickest setting, they will speed up when driving street speeds and slow down when driving parking lot speeds. i have been able to reproduce this no problem. basically, when you are in the parking lot, they wipe once a second. as you pick up speed, they go to what appears to be normal speed. also, when you let your foot off the brake after a stop, they do a quick swipe to ready your windshield for driving. pretty slick!
That was promoted on the HAH by my sales guy- I think it used to be part of the upper-trim pkg, which used to be Acura-only before that. More and more features trickle into 'standard' categories.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
confirmed...

the socal rains... what a great opportunity to test this... not to often thou...

Old 03-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

What a great feature! We'll use it on Friday in Socal again