Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I just bought my HCH and was crowing in the office about the mileage and being able to run in the carpool lane once I get my stickers. There was controversy over whether I could apply to the DMV for the stickers without a license plate, but the Auto Club here made a call to Sacramento and assured me it would be okay.

We'll see....

In the meantime, guys in the office are teasing that I might get big neon green or yellow stickers that look like warning stickers pasted on tanks of gas, etc. I have read that we'll get four--one for the front and back bumpers, and one for the left and right quarter panels.

Has anyone received or seen these stickers?

Any images?

Thanks,
Lansing

Old 08-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

heres a pic of the hov stickers for EVs.

http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pict...n_electric.jpg

Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

I sent away for mine on the first day and have not received them. I think it is supposed to take about 2 weeks.

When the guys in the office tease you about how the stickers look, just ask them how they look at 60 miles an hour when they are at a stand still. :-)

Old 08-19-2005, 08:57 AM
HCH Enthusist

Not yet, I have applied by filling out the form for the sticker and i already mailed the form to the DMV in sacramento CA with my $8 check. i figure ill see it in about 4 weeks or so. The form for appling for the HOV stickers is on the DMV website.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:08 PM
The "Green" One
Exclamation Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by Lansing
I just bought my HCH and was crowing in the office about the mileage and being able to run in the carpool lane once I get my stickers. There was controversy over whether I could apply to the DMV for the stickers without a license plate, but the Auto Club here made a call to Sacramento and assured me it would be okay.

We'll see....

In the meantime, guys in the office are teasing that I might get big neon green or yellow stickers that look like warning stickers pasted on tanks of gas, etc. I have read that we'll get four--one for the front and back bumpers, and one for the left and right quarter panels.

Has anyone received or seen these stickers?

Any images?

Thanks,
Lansing

Here's the only pic of the sticker I have seen so far. It's on the front page of the DMV website.

-Ryan

Old 08-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grayhawk
I sent away for mine on the first day and have not received them. I think it is supposed to take about 2 weeks.

When the guys in the office tease you about how the stickers look, just ask them how they look at 60 miles an hour when they are at a stand still. :-)
I was originally thinking the sticker would be the size of my yearly registration sticker (about two postage stamps).

But I'm all about that!! HOV forever (or at least until 2007, right?)

Old 08-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Here in the Bay Area we had to have FasTrak, too, to qualify. The DMV website said that, in addition to the form and $8, we needed to send an original FasTrak receipt for our car's account. So, I sent in my $8 & paperwork, including a printout from the computer of my FasTrak acc't., AND my last mailed compiled FasTrak bill, on the first day, hoping (this was after I went to DMV when it opened only to be told it all had to be done by mail- I wasn't alone at DMV, a bunch of hybrid owners and even a news van were there!).

Two days later I read that I was supposed to have a special Hybrid FasTrak transponder, and would need to send receipt of that as proof (sigh!) before DMV would issue anything. Oh well, I sent away for the special transponder right away (again, couldn't do it easily, on the FasTrak website, only in person or by mail) figuring it's gonna be awhile. My account on the FasTrak website still hasn't been updated with a new transponder, I'm thinking it could be weeks before they send that out.

This morning, though, I noted DMV had cashed the $8 check with the original application I sent them for the stickers. I take that to be a good sign, maybe they're as confused in Sacramento about all the requirements here as is everyone else!

The stickers are pretty ugly and fairly big. Yesterday I was next to a CNG Civic with them, saw one on the back bumper, another on the left side by the gas tank. I imagine they'll be horrible for the paint.
If I didn't drive over the Bay Bridge each day, I'd be thinking twice about it all- but as I do drive over the bridge, saving 20-30 minutes (or more) on those horrible days makes it a no-brainer.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

I mailed the request to DMV on Friday -- Did you get them from AAA?

Thanks

Larry

Old 08-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gussom1
I mailed the request to DMV on Friday -- Did you get them from AAA?

Thanks

Larry
AAA..or at least the Auto Club here in Southern California told me they weren't yet handling the sticker situation. The people in the district offices weren't too knowledgable because I asked them if I could apply with a VIN number only (form asks for both VIN and license plate #).

The Club was great, though... I called a rep and she said she'd find out by calling her contact in Sacramento. SO....supposedly I am okay with VIN only. --That's all I needed to hear. I had my paperwork in the mail that night (Tuesday).

I can't wait for my giant stickers!

Lansing

Old 08-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I mailed mine the second day.
I live near Los Angeles.
I'll let you know.
You will hear a scream for joy from anywhere west of the Rockies.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands