Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:46 AM
06 HCH
Default Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

My dealer said Honda only made a small number of them. I originally order a mag pearl without and changed my mind for one with. Looks like a longer wait for nav. Anyone with simular experiences? Thanks.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

Thats just one more reason i bout an aftermarket nav (I have the Magellan 700 and i upgraded the software to current specs online) Not only am i not paying for it for the next 4 or 5 years ( the loan) but i can move it from car to car. This year i took it to vegas with me and put it in the rental. WOW it was great to just punch something in and "Zoom" your off. You can get the new Magellan roadmate 800 for under a grand! Good luck. Dean

Old 12-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Owner
Smile Re: Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

Originally Posted by jamriman
My dealer said Honda only made a small number of them. I originally order a mag pearl without and changed my mind for one with. Looks like a longer wait for nav. Anyone with simular experiences? Thanks.
There is a dealer here in Virginia that have NAV HCH's every couple of weeks. https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...inia.4907.html They seem to have a Magnetic Pearl now with NAV on their website.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It seems true that models with Nav are harder to get, based on conversations I've had with dealers. I wouldn't say Honda made a small number of them. They're still making them. They may have mis-estimated the demand for Nav models initially. My guess is that they will make more of them as they learn what's in demand, because they sure make a good profit on the nav units.

One dealer told me that I can get my color choice and Nav by ordering directly, and he can get it for me by the end of January. But he seems to have a small allocation. I already have one order with another dealer for a mid-January delivery. I could have gotten it next week but I prefer to wait till January for the tax credit.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:15 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

There are fewer of them because Honda has produced alot more HCH ll's without Nav. on them. I ordered mine with Nav. to get away from that. Takes longer but you can then get the color you (WANT) and also order the HCH ll with the (NAV.) if you want it.

It looks like reading the many different Post here that alot of members and non-members have ordered their HCH ll's.

HTH;

Terry

Old 12-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast

I ordered a galaxy gray with Nav in the beginning of November and it STILL hasn't come in. My dealer said all nav units were delayed to new england, but I doubt they are telling me the truth!

Old 12-19-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dwax
I ordered a galaxy gray with Nav in the beginning of November and it STILL hasn't come in. My dealer said all nav units were delayed to new england, but I doubt they are telling me the truth!
It's only been a little over a month; there've been people waiting longer than that for the gasoline civic sedan. Did you order the car from the factory or was it already on the dealer's build sheet?

Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

I have a Magnetic Pearl with NAVI on order and I too have noticed they are harder to find. I have seen the w/o NAVI sitting on the lot, while the NAV units are backordered a month.

True you can get aftermarket cheaper, and true you can move a portable one from car to car, but there is something cool about built in navigation.

I have an iPaq based handheld navi and it work great, but it is a pain to set up, sometimes it takes a long time to get a lock on the satellites. I have to enter the address on the tiny little touch screen, versus voice activation. Since it's portable, sometimes it will not be in the car when I need it. For those reasons I opted for the built-in.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

I waited a little longer for my Mag Pearl w/Navi, but it actually came in a week before the non-navi from another dealer who was offering a cancelled order. In general the Navi seems a little harder to get.

For me it was definitely worth waiting for. I never thought I would use a nav very much but I really like it and use it a lot. I found it helps just driving around with the map on through my regular commutes to give me a better sense of road layout, etc. And the display for MP3s, etc. is very nice.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
It's only been a little over a month; there've been people waiting longer than that for the gasoline civic sedan. Did you order the car from the factory or was it already on the dealer's build sheet?
When I bought the car they had the VIN number, so I thought the car was already shipped. The only thing i'm ticked about is the dealer said it would be in 'within 10 days'.

Quick Reply: Anyone having a hard time getting a Nav?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands