Anyone to proofread this '06 Ebay listing for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone to proofread this '06 Ebay listing for me?

Since most of you know more about the car than I do, let me know if I made any errors either factual or grammatical in the listing. It’s at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Any comments about the listing are also welcome. Thanks for looking.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone to proofread this '06 Ebay listing for me?

Just a small thing

the coefficient of drag is 0.27 not 0.28

the rest looks good. Why R U selling it?

ks

Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Enthusiast

I don't need it anymore. Already have a 02 Prius with 150K miles so I rather sell the Civic while its worth something.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is it normal to display your license plate in full on eBay motors like you have in some of the photos? I'm just asking...

Old 03-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atikovi
I don't need it anymore. Already have a 02 Prius with 150K miles so I rather sell the Civic while its worth something.
Huh? How come?

compared to the HCH2, the 02 Prius is smaller and less safe and a bigger problem in terms of the pack.. just to mention a few.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

Is it normal to display your license plate in full on eBay motors like you have in some of the photos? I'm just asking...
I display my license plate in full when I drive it on the road for all to see, what differance does it make when it's on Ebay???

Huh? How come?

compared to the HCH2, the 02 Prius is smaller and less safe and a bigger problem in terms of the pack.. just to mention a few.
The Civic is worth around $12K, the Prius maybe $4K. In five years the Civic will be worth $4K or $5K but the Prius may be worth $2K or $3K. If I keep the Civic 5 years I would loose $5K to $7 more than the Prius.

Also I like the Prius better for 2 main reasons. First, you can crawl along in a stop and go traffic jam for 10 minutes without the engine coming on, in the Civic every time you take your foot off the brake the engine starts up. Very annoying. Second, the power. When you step on the accelerator from a stop light, the Prius with 200+ ft. lb. of torque really takes off. The Civic feels quite sluggish in comparison.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I display my license plate in full when I drive it on the road for all to see, what differance does it make when it's on Ebay???
I do too.

The difference is on the road you're anonymous. On eBay you're not, you're one person about to engage in a large financial transaction. And eBay has more than it's share of scammers.

I've seen loads of car ads where they make the lp opaque. Just curious how it works on eBay.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast

The difference is on the road you're anonymous. On eBay you're not, you're one person about to engage in a large financial transaction. And eBay has more than it's share of scammers.

I've seen loads of car ads where they make the lp opaque. Just curious how it works on eBay.
And just exactly how do you think a scammer is going scam someone by knowing their license plate number???

And BTW, I would be worried more about scammers SELLING cars rather then as buyers of cars. All kinds of listings for a late model luxury or sports cars for $5995, just wire the money Western Union and it will be at your door in no time for your approval, if you don't like it, send it back and you get a full refund.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

And just exactly how do you think a scammer is going scam someone by knowing their license plate number???
I don't really know. Just never saw that before. And you did ask for comments on your ebay ad.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

OK. No problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone to proofread this '06 Ebay listing for me?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands