Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl
Default Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

I have followed the book several times now in getting the doors to "auto lock", but no luck. The "auto unlock" works fine, if I lock them manually.

Is the owners manual written incorrectly on this someplace? Has anybody gotten theirs to work? I know it defaults to off for this feature. I would really like to activate the feature.

Thanks for any ideas, advice...etc.

Bob

Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

I've gotten both the auto unlock to work when shifting to park & when turning the key.

I followed the instructions in my quick start guide and both worked properly. It did take a few times to get all the steps right. Since I used the quick start guide, I'll leave it to someone else to verify if the manual is written incorrectly.

Dan

Old 05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I remember a thread a while back that I think talked about one of the them being incorrect. Do a search and see if you can find it. Given Geeckk, I would say that the quick start guide is probably the correct one. I got them to work too so I know it's written correctly somewhere.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast

I simply followed the instructions in the owners' manual and it worked fine. You may already know the auto lock locks all the doors, while the auto unlock unlocks only the driver's door.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did quick start guide as well and both modes work on mine.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 AM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

I took a look at the Quick Start Guide vs the Owners Manual.

Only one main difference between the two. The manual has you go from ON (II) to Assy (I). The quick guide has you go from ON (II) to OFF. There are other minor changes, like having to close the door after switching to on, where the other one tells you to already have the drivers door closed. Don't think that makes a difference either way though.

I still did not have any luck with the "9 mph lock" following the quick guide, but the "out of park" now works fine following the quick guide.

We will stick with that one for now. I still maybe fat fingering something as to the other option.

Thanks for everybody's input / suggestions.

Bob
Georgetown, TX

Old 05-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Count me in with the frustrated. I have tried both the manual and the quick guide method, and still can't get the auto lock to work the way I want it. And the auto-unlock feature refuses to work at all. I think I may have to try canceling both, and then start over.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I was able to get it to work...I have the auto lock at 9mph and the unlock driver's door when i take the key out. I just used the method in the quick book. wonder why it doesn't work for you guys

Old 07-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

I was able to program AutoUnlock using quick guide (shift to "park" mode). AutoLock only works in moving away from "park" mode, I am unable to make it work at 9mph...

I have one wish, autounlock all doors instead of just the driver's door. Anybody knows it this possible?

Old 07-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did the 9mph auto lock without to much of a problem. Had to do it a few times as I don't think I did it faxt enough the first times. Take it to the dealer and let them do it if necessary.

Quick Reply: Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands