Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

Old 07-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Door Locks to Work on 06 HCH?

Originally Posted by annguyen251
I was able to program AutoUnlock using quick guide (shift to "park" mode). AutoLock only works in moving away from "park" mode, I am unable to make it work at 9mph...

I have one wish, autounlock all doors instead of just the driver's door. Anybody knows it this possible?
I agree. I hate that my passenger always has to unlock their door. I would do it but I forget because mine does it automatically. I don't think there is a way to change this. I heard it was a safety feature.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

After one false start, I was able to program the auto-lock (car reaches ~9 mph) and auto-unlock (ignition turned off). Both work great!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Enjoying my hybrid

Hmmmmm. I don't have my 2006 HCH yet (2 months and counting), but I do have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline (which I love, BTW). On that vehicle, I am able to have all doors auto-unlock when shifting to Park. I wonder why Honda decided not to have that option on the Civic.... That will be annoying, especially since I know Honda allows it on another vehicle.

Shawn

Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by ShawnS
Hmmmmm. I don't have my 2006 HCH yet (2 months and counting), but I do have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline (which I love, BTW). On that vehicle, I am able to have all doors auto-unlock when shifting to Park. I wonder why Honda decided not to have that option on the Civic.... That will be annoying, especially since I know Honda allows it on another vehicle.

Shawn
I dunno, but my HCH-II works the same way. I've programmed it to lock all doors at 8 or 9 MPH, and thne it unlocks the driver door ONLY when shifting to Pack. It is annoying. I suspect it is considered a safety feature. Curious about the inconsistency between models in the same year. Maybe it's because the HCH-II is all-new for 2006 (meaning we're likely to see it on future all-new models.
I wish I could override it, and MAKE it unlock ALL doors. Oh well.