Availability of HCH '06 in SoCal (Orange County)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Availability of HCH '06 in SoCal (Orange County)?

Sorry if this is well known to everyone else here, but I am curious to know the availability of the '06 HCH in southern California (mainly Orange County). Do dealers have stock or is it pretty much waiting lists everywhere? Is everyone pretty much paying MSRP?

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Availability of HCH '06 in SoCal (Orange County)?

Originally Posted by romwarrior88
Sorry if this is well known to everyone else here, but I am curious to know the availability of the '06 HCH in southern California (mainly Orange County). Do dealers have stock or is it pretty much waiting lists everywhere? Is everyone pretty much paying MSRP?

Thanks!
It's pretty much waiting lists and MSRP or more in all major urban areas of CA, because carpool stickers are a hot commodity. If you're willing to go off the beaten path you'll find more availability and better deals. I got mine in Davis (NorCal) with no wait, at MSRP. If you're willing to make the effort you might try Bakersfield or even Bishop (somebody got a great deal there). I don't know if there are such out-of-the-way places closer to where you live.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I live in Los Angeles County and I got sick of the stickers with 5000 over MSRP and the arrogant salespeople here looking down their noses at me when I complained I wasn't going to pay $2000 extra for undercoating or $100 for wheel locks, etc. etc. . .

I drove up to Bishop California, 300+ miles north, almost to Mamouth Mountain.
I got it for $1000 under MSRP.
No wait.

I think I got lucky on price and availability.
I think Keith McCue at Perry Motors doesn't have any in stock right now.
And he may not match that price, but he may come close.

Keith was great.
He didn't try to force me to buy a bunch of extras, and he came trough on price and everything!

email Keith, ask him when the next HCH2 is coming in:
keith@perrymotorsinc.com

www.perrymotorsinc.com

Last edited by kenny; 01-11-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I live in the South Bay and I emailed about 40 dealers from the OC all the way up to Lancaster and Santa Barbara. I took kenny's advice and contacted Keith. I was quoted $21,600 from Keith up in Bishop, CA. I was very close to getting my HCH from them but I got a quote for $24,000 out the door PLUS free courtesy delivery to my door from Lara Gilberg of Robertson's Palmdale Honda. IMO it was worth the extra $300 for my convenience. I wasn't really looking for a 10+ hour, 600 mile journey to pick up my new car. I was told to expect delivery of my HCH around mid-February.

Her number is: (661) 223-5316 and her email is laragilberg@imanagersales.com

Tell her Edward Shen sent you!

Old 01-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

That seems like 2400 in difference. Was the second price including tax or something?

It seems like the best strategy is to get a quote from far away, then take it to local dealers and see if they will match. I bet at least one will, or come close enough.

Originally Posted by Sheniferous
I was quoted $21,600 from Keith up in Bishop, CA. I was very close to getting my HCH from them but I got a quote for $24,000 out the door PLUS free courtesy delivery to my door from Lara Gilberg of Robertson's Palmdale Honda.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blueskies
That seems like 2400 in difference. Was the second price including tax or something?

It seems like the best strategy is to get a quote from far away, then take it to local dealers and see if they will match. I bet at least one will, or come close enough.
Yes, the $24,000 price is out the door which means it includes tax, title, doc, and all other fees. The before-tax price is about $21,950 or so? I don't really negotiate the before tax price anymore. I was unable to get ANY local dealers to come down to anything less than MSRP. I even went into Pasadena Honda this past weekend, ready to buy and was offered $25,190 out the door. I turned them down though...

Old 01-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine in Carson, CA, close to Orange County and I paid $3000 over MSRP. They had 2 cars on the lot; one had all the extras like the sport body kit, dimming mirror, fog lights, etc., and the other had no extras. Both were the same price, $24,500. I was told that b/c they were having problems selling cars with all the bells & whistles, I could either take that one, paying for the accessories at their cost only (no labor or installation) and NO markup, OR, pay for the plain one with a markup.

It's crappy that this is the way they're dealing with people because of the demand, but I figured if I'm going to pay a markup anyway, I might as well get the car with all the stuff on it. And I'm actually glad I did now that I see the others on the road. It's much sportier, looks like a little BMW.