Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Aloha,

I just ordered the bass speaker system but am contemplating whether my dealer should install them. For those who installed the bass speaker system themselves, where can I get a copy of the install instructions?

I also bought the trunk tray which needs a trim. Does anyone have photos of their trimmed trunk tray? I'd rather do it right and not mess up a $80 accessory.

Mahalo

Old 12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Originally Posted by Artoodetoo
Aloha,

I just ordered the bass speaker system but am contemplating whether my dealer should install them. For those who installed the bass speaker system themselves, where can I get a copy of the install instructions?

I also bought the trunk tray which needs a trim. Does anyone have photos of their trimmed trunk tray? I'd rather do it right and not mess up a $80 accessory.

Mahalo
The install was easy. I did a write up on it somewhere on how easy it was to install. I think it was on another site. I will look it up and post it here. Here is a link to a good set of instructions that I used: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...akersystem.pdf
There was one or two steps that did not have to be done because of the Hybrid battery.
As far as the trimmed trunk tray, I will take a picture and post it within the next few days. It was easy to do and didn't take long. It is not perfect but it is better than nothing. There is ofcourse no high back to the tray after trimming but there are still high sides and a high front.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:38 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Aloha,

Mahalo
Welcome to (GreenHybrid) and when you get a chance, Please Post what you think of the difference in sound after your (Bass-Speaker) install. I have it ordered as an accessory on my incoming HCH ll and would really like to here from someone that has already gotten it.

Regards;

Terry

Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Adam.

After inspecting the instructions, I have more confidence in doing a self-installation. I'll probably get my order by next Friday. I'll post the results and a sound review thereafter.

As for my trunk tray, where did I put that utility knife?

Aloha

Old 12-24-2005, 12:48 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Thanks Adam.

After inspecting the instructions, I have more confidence in doing a self-installation. I'll probably get my order by next Friday. I'll post the results and a sound review thereafter.

As for my trunk tray, where did I put that utility knife?

Aloha
Hi Ronald In Hawaii;

I spent two-yrs. there along time ago. Very Beautiful.

Say what is the Price of a Gallon of Gas there Now? Also does Hawaii have a Cap on how much they can charge for gas there?

Regards;

Terry

BTW; I'm looking forward to your Bass-Speaker Review.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Bass speaker system & trunk tray

Terry,

The Gas Cap Law here is useless. We get most of oil barrels via Asia, yet, our cap prices are based on prices on the Mainland. So when Katrina came along we suffered just as you did. When Mainland oil prices go up due to Winter prices, Hawaii suffers alongside. There are law-makers looking to repeal this law, including the Governor.

Cheapest regular unleaded in Hawaii: $2.58/gal

82deg and sunny.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Enthusiast

I had a question about the bass system. On the bass unit (I guess it is the amp) what gain did you set them to? I noticed on the instruction page it shows the gain settings for the DX (set to 5) and LX and EX (set to 9), what did you set the gain to for the Hybrid? Also I have the navigation system, what should I set mine to? thx

Old 12-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are there any threads that review the bass system? If not, could someone post a review?

Thanks,

Don

Old 12-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MagneticPearl06
I had a question about the bass system. On the bass unit (I guess it is the amp) what gain did you set them to? I noticed on the instruction page it shows the gain settings for the DX (set to 5) and LX and EX (set to 9), what did you set the gain to for the Hybrid? Also I have the navigation system, what should I set mine to? thx
I set the gain for the hybrid to 9 as well. It is the same basic system as in the EX. I also have Navi and it sounds good. Basically, you can adjust the settings on both the Navi and the "amp" to your taste. I leave the bass on the Navi adjusted all the way up, however on some songs I may turn it down a little bit. Also, I have experimented with turning down the bass on the Navi to the center or neutral postion and direct more of the sound to the back speakers using the fader. This allows most of the bass freq. to be produced by the back speakers, and the highs and mids to the front. Using the fader to direct more to back speakers seems to equalize the sound frokm the front and back. The amp cuts most of the highs sent to the back speakers. If you wanted to cut even more highs and mids usuing an external crossover would be easy to incorporate. I posted my own personal write up on another site that I will post.