Battery assit behavior vs Gen 1 insight

Old 06-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Battery assit behavior vs Gen 1 insight

So I test drove the 2006 Civic hybrid today. 42k miles on odo. Well maintained and nice and clean.

The Assist is very deferent than the gen 1 Insights I own. I was told not to expect that the battery would have as much assist for as long as HIG1. I heard that the assist and battery react differently and more charge/discharge than I was used to than the Insight but it seemed to me that I could deplete the Civic IMA pretty quickly and force a recalc. Just one entrance ramp and the assit bars were gone on the dash. No IMA lights though.

What's "normal" for Honda Civic Hybrid G2?

Last edited by Bazzetta; 06-11-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery assit behavior vs Gen 1 insight

I own both and can tell you that is normal battery behavior from the HCHII. With that said it does not mean that the battery pack is in good condition. If the Civic has the "update" from Honda then the MIA light will not turn on until the battery pack is completely deteriorated.
(Note: Our pack was replace by Honda over a year 1/2 ago, and the pack is noticeably deteriorating by this point.)

Old 07-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery assit behavior vs Gen 1 insight

Originally Posted by Sergio Inzunza
I own both and can tell you that is normal battery behavior from the HCHII. With that said it does not mean that the battery pack is in good condition. If the Civic has the "update" from Honda then the MIA light will not turn on until the battery pack is completely deteriorated.
(Note: Our pack was replace by Honda over a year 1/2 ago, and the pack is noticeably deteriorating by this point.)
Mine crapped out. New one from Honda is not impressive in performance.