Bluetooth and IPod Interface for Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth and IPod Interface for Navi?

I just bought my wife a 2006 Civic Hybrid and need to install a bluetooth kit and Ipod interface kit. I installed both of these myself on my 2000 Celica GT. I have the non color screen Parrot in my Celica which works well. I see some people have installed the new LS3200 Parrot in the Civic with good results. Any other recommendations? Also is there a specific wiring harness for the Navi Civic Hybrid out now to make installation easier? That was the biggest headache when I installed the Parrot in the Celica without a harness.

I would also like to install a direct IPod interface connection to the stock Nav unit on the Civic. Does anybody know what brand unit that is and the model number? The Honda salesman said that the direct IPod link was something like $500 from Honda, which is rediculous. I installed a direct connection on my Celica with a ProClip USA car specific mount for much less. Any advice?

P.S. I know there is the aux input for the headphones jack already on the car, but I am not interested as the sound quality is worse, the volume on the IPod effects the overall volume, and there is no direct charging.

Thanks for the help

Old 07-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth and IPod Interface for Navi?

The iPod Music Link can be ordered from H and A Accessories or College Hills Honda for about $175. You can install it yourself if you've got a minimum of skills. Be warned that it's very kludgey. It works reliably, but searching for stuff is pretty stupid. We've discussed it before and I wrote up a detailed description of how it works. Do a search for it.