Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100

Well I'm ready to put my 5th set of tires on my 06 Civic Hybrid. So far Bridgestone SE-200's have worked best for me. Dunlops cost me 5 mpg.

I'm hearing really good things about the Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100.

Did a search of the posts here. Pretty good information but nothing real recent. Anyone have more input. I see Bridgestone has a 30 day driving trial guarantee. Thinking about giving them a try. they are a little more expensive. I hope they are worth it.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100

Since you don't ask a question I will

Did I hear you right (I guess it's kind of hard to not hear when something is in print): this is your fifth set of tires? What mileage are you at?

So you've re-tired with Bridgestone Insignia's maybe 3 times already, and once with Dunlops? If that is the case, I'm just curious, did those replacement Insignia SE200's have the "-02" suffix, ie: "SE-200-02"? That "-02" suffix is very small text (~1/4" high, bottom justified) on the sidewall, after the "SE200".

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 09-16-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

I do not see a -02 on my current set. Can't say about my previous tires.

I am currently at 107,000 miles on my 06 Civic Hybrid.

My original SE200's went at 28,000

My second set were the Dunlops. They lasted to 50,000. What a disappointment. (Also lost 5mpg.)

My third set were SE200's and lasted until 80,000.

My fourth set SE200's are ready to be replaced at 107,000.

I believe the Bridgestones are supposed to be 60,000 mile tires.

Every time my service light comes on my car is at the dealership within 48 hrs.

Service has never been missed.

With each new set of tires alignment was performed.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Ok.

I see in the "What do you need..." thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...eplaced-17377/

you go into more detail regarding rear camber problems. So the rear locations are "eating" your tires? What about the upper control arm replacement fix, the topic of that thread, was that done?

It sounds like you have a lemon argument, fwiw.

FYI, our '06 is around 72000km (about 2000km last winter only on different snow tires) on the orig. Insignia SE200-02, with between 5 and 6 32'ths of inch tread depth remaining, and no sign of uneven wear, at least nothing obvious.

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 09-06-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just replaced my first set of tires at 63,000 miles. I can't believe how fast you go through tires.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just had my Ecopias put on today followed by an alignment.

So far, they are without a doubt noticeably quieter than the Insignia SE's and the Dunlop's.

I might even start using my bluetooth again for my cell phone. Its that noticeable. I always had a problem with the bluetooth and road noise at freeway speeds.

The true test will be next week when I check the MPG's .

Old 10-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 HCH and am ready to replace my tires at 33K. I'm curious how you like your Ecopia EP-100s so far. I'm debating between them and the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by wags98
I have a 2007 HCH and am ready to replace my tires at 33K. I'm curious how you like your Ecopia EP-100s so far. I'm debating between them and the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max.
Good info here, TireRack review of various LRR tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...tirePageLocQty=

The Michelin Energy Saver is the mileage leader (but pricey), the Bridgestone Ecopia a close second in mpg(cheaper, not rated all-season, but still winner in wet braking), the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max seems to be lackluster in most categories they tested.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wags98
Well I've done a few days of testing on the new Ecopias and I am quite pleased with them. The amount of reduced road noise compared to the Bridgestone SE200's and the OEM Dunlop's is just amazing. I would have gladly sacrificed 5 mpg's for the quieter ride. Turns out though I'm getting 3 mpg's more than the SE200's and 8 mpg's better than the Dunlops.

I have always used my drive to work in the AM as my test route always driving as consistent as possible. AC turned off and never going over 65.
With the Dunlops I was getting 49 mpg. The Bridgestone SE200's 54 mpg. And now the Bridgestone Ecopias are at 57 mpg. And thats with the Ecopias at 32 psi. I haven't bumped them up yet but that should yield even more. I'm not really sure if I should do this though and risk gaining some road noise.

Naturally I do not get these kind of numbers as an average. These are only for my " testing route" which has help me find the optimum psi as well as which tire works best.

All in all I'm pretty much sold on these Ecopias. I was a little skeptical at first since they are a fairly new design tire. But Bridgestone's 30 day try them or return them guarantee sold me. And if you haven't been able to tell by this post. I"M KEEPIN EM.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for the information.

I realized after doing a little more research that the Ecopias are not an all-season tire and I live in a place where we get enough winter weather to want something that can handle a bit of snow (but not enough to warrant purchasing winter tires). I'm leaning towards the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max even though they tested kind of middle of the road.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-100

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands