CA Clean Air Sticker - What Number?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default CA Clean Air Sticker - What Number?

Since the other thread was hijacked....

Vehicle purchased 3/29. Stickers received 5/24. Application was sent back twice & I had to wait until I had my plates to sign up. Only took about 2-1/2 weeks from when I got my plates & sent (3rd time) the application in.

I live in the Sacramento area, so mail time is obviously minimal.

Sticker Number 57962 (Date Issued by DMV - 5/20)

Side note: I received 4 stickers (2 big & 2 small). Installations to apply showed 2 big ones on rear quarter panel behind wheel & one small one on right side of rear bumper. It doesn't say anything about the 4th sticker. I'll probably hang onto it & not install it. I doubt I'll have problems with CHP if I show them the instructions to apply them.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CA Clean Air Sticker - What Number?

You might want to look at that instruction sheet again! I've long since tossed mine, but I thought it clearly explained where to mount all four stickers.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:57 PM
7d7
Enthusiast

I just sent in my application w/out plates. I hope they accept it. I wonder why you got rejected twice while plenty of other people got theres first try with no plates?

Old 05-24-2006, 10:03 PM

Oh, he's not the only one! My first one was rejected because the dealer delayed in getting the registration info submitted to DMV on time. I submitted two more times (once soon after the rejection, then a few days later when I got the plates). BOTH checks were cashed... only got one set of stickers, though! Not worth fighting with the state over $8 to get my refund.

Anyway, the lesson here is to make sure the dealer actually submits the registration! Just because you have the paper tag doesn't actually mean they did anything with DMV!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Here are the instructions. What do you think?

I uploaded the instructions in PDF format. Take a look and tell me what you think. I'm not sure if they've changed it or what. These instructions are on an envelope that fits the stickers but didn't contain them. I think I'll put the three stickers on and keep the fourth in the glove box. Even if I get a ticket, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't hold if I follow the instructions they give me.

Attached Files
Old 05-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

I had big problems with the dealer (Shingle Springs Honda). Still working those out. I'll post more when it's complete. I wouldn't be surprised if they did everything they could to delay things, but it could just as well be that they are just not as fast as the other people who got theirs more quickly. Or maybe the DMV had different criteria. I do know that it took just over 5 weeks to get my plates.

Good luck on getting your stickers. I hope you get them more quickly than I got mine.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:16 PM

Wow! That's definitely different than mine. I was sticker # 55???, and my instructions clearly posted a fourth location. That location was on the FRONT bumper. I figured the front location would allow an officer who was in front of you to identify that you are legally in the HOV lane.

I'm guessing they decided it wasn't necessary... and therefore no reason to affix the sticker. Wonder if that means I can take mine OFF now! Actually, I fought so long and hard to get the stupid things that I've become "attached" to them (even though they're ugly!)

Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 PM
7d7
Enthusiast

Oh, he's not the only one!
I think I read about that on the old thread and I then checked with the dealer. They said they submitted the paperwork already so i'll have to take their word for it. But I know not to expect any miracles from the DMV so i'm not going to get my hopes up until the check is cashed... Thanks for the info.

Edit:
I was able to get my plate # by calling the DMV so I decided to send in another HOV application with my plate # in case the first is rejected.

Last edited by 7d7; 05-27-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

They're cracking down now. No plate number, no sticker.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is there a way of removing the stickers without damaging the paint?

Quick Reply: CA Clean Air Sticker - What Number?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands