can you disable the auto up feature on drivers window?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default can you disable the auto up feature on drivers window?

I just installed rain guards on all windows, all the windows work fine except the drivers window. It pops out of the track during auto up. If I slightly nudge it little by little it will go up, but most of the time when it hits the top the auto feature kicks it back down.

thanks
kev

Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: can you disable the auto up feature on drivers window?

It is a two way switch. Pull half way ,and you can stop the window at the point you let the switch return to off. Pull all the way and the window goes all the way up. Check the manual about disable.H

Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Energy Independence

True, Harold.

If it's popping off the track, this is a KNOWN defect that many have experienced (I've had it too). Search around on this site and you'll find tons written about it. Then, call your dealer and get it fixed under warranty.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Kev: As for the window popping out of the channel, try lubbing the channel. How do you like the rain guards? I priced them last week at Honda. $198.00. I'm going to check the inter-net, may find them for less. Were they an easy install? Hal

Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

You can remove the "auto up" feature by disconnecting the cable that is attached to that feature. You will still have the ability to roll the window up, as you wish, but not "auto up".

Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I was having the same issue w/ my window for a while. Then, one day, I noticed a piece of the weather stripping on the outside of the window was bent towards the inside. Apparently, the window was going up, hitting the stripping and going back down. Once, I corrected the stripping, the window has been working fine (knock on wood).

Jess

Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

Can anyone suggest a good lubricant? I purchased the WeatherTech 82416 Dark Tint 4-Piece Side Window Deflector thru Amazon. They were abut 90 bucks. It took about 5 minutes to install. The only problem I have with them is on the 2 front deflectors there is a small WeatherTech logo and phone number on them that I dont think you can peel off. I hate advertising.

I don't have the service manual,disconnecting the cable that is attached to that feature is a little vauge, can anyone elaborate.

thanks
kev

Old 01-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Kev, take your car in to have the window repaired. This is a common problem with this car. Try a silcone spray. H