Civic Hybrid "Logo"

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Civic Hybrid "Logo"

Could anyone tell me if the HCH logo (ie the word "Hybrid" on the rear of the vehicle) is identical to previous years' models? Also, is it identical to Honda's other hybrid vehicles (Accord, Insight)?

I personally find the logo very boring. Toyota's HSD logo looks pretty good, but the Ford Hybrid logo is by far my favorite.

Obviously, the logo is not particulary important, but if Honda went through the trouble of designing a technologically advanced car, you'd think that they'd pay a few extra bucks to design a logo that would do the car justice.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Civic Hybrid "Logo"

I always take off all glued-on car badges, anyway. It takes just a minute to remove them, and always seems to improve the clean look of any design.

Old 04-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid "Logo"

It is different for 06. I like it better overall, but I miss the green accent.

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...ry/large16.jpg
http://us.tnpv.net/pv/2005/08/29/HON...2947311_pv.jpg

Old 05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

The Insight's logo is painted rather than a badge. And the Ford Escape Hybrid's logo isn't actually just a hybrid logo -- it's the same logo they use on their flex-fuel vehicles, too.

http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/elements/20628.gif

Old 05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

I like it cause it is low-key. I feel like most of the other hybrids out there are all "oooh look at me, I'm driving a hybrid!!" (ie South Park style). The honda one is there if you know what to look for but doesn't stick out at you otherwise!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irenebalogun
I like it cause it is low-key. I feel like most of the other hybrids out there are all "oooh look at me, I'm driving a hybrid!!" (ie South Park style). The honda one is there if you know what to look for but doesn't stick out at you otherwise!
Based on that I'd say the Lexus hybrids are the most "low-key". All they have is an "h" at the end of their model name (ex Lexus RX 400h). And Toyota's HSD badge is also pretty subtle.

That said ... why do people feel so self-conscious when driving a hybrid (the "oooh look at me, I'd driving a Hybrid!!"). There are endless examples of that amongst non-hybrids (think all convertibles, hummers, mustangs, corvettes, minis, smarts etc etc). Hybrids being as fuel efficient as they are ... should be even more visible so people notice them more ... that'll increase awareness and as a result ... speed up adoption of hybrids ... thus reducing costs and emissions etc etc.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

You think Toyota's is low-key? Wow, I find it to be pretty ostentatious myself, but that's just mho.

I don't know, I'm kind of torn on the notice my hyrbid/don't notice my hybrid front. On the one hand, I do agree with the idea that more visibility leading to higher adoption of hybrid technology is a good thing. On the other hand, I think that there are a lot of people out there that are resistant to change and don't like new-fangled looking things (this definitely goes beyond the logo issue). Personally, I LOVED the look of the Insight, but people in general hated it so much that they have stopped even making them. All because it was too futuristic looking? You'd think that would be a good thing!

Also, I think a lot of drivers out there get a bad taste in their mouth (jealousy?) when they see what they perceive to be hybrid drivers being "smug" about it.

I'm not saying that we should HIDE our hybrids or anything, I just think that "blending in" can also be effective tool for hybrid-evangelism. I've had lots of people say things like "wow, and this is a hybrid? It doesn't even look weird!"

Old 05-18-2007, 01:15 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by 2007HCHOttawa
Based on that I'd say the Lexus hybrids are the most "low-key". All they have is an "h" at the end of their model name (ex Lexus RX 400h). And Toyota's HSD badge is also pretty subtle.

That said ... why do people feel so self-conscious when driving a hybrid (the "oooh look at me, I'd driving a Hybrid!!"). There are endless examples of that amongst non-hybrids (think all convertibles, hummers, mustangs, corvettes, minis, smarts etc etc). Hybrids being as fuel efficient as they are ... should be even more visible so people notice them more ... that'll increase awareness and as a result ... speed up adoption of hybrids ... thus reducing costs and emissions etc etc.
i tend to agree. the civic is very "white bread" with nothing to really let others know it is a hybrid, unless you being tailgated, of course, then the badge is visible. i would LIKE others to know that hybrids are out there, being driven, saving gas. even i can't tell, until it's close enough so i can see either the badge or the centered antenna, that any given civic is a hybrid.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Don't forget the pie plate wheels and turn signal lenses in the mirrors. Those are my other clues to spotting fellow HCHII's!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Civic Hybrid "Logo"

Hey here is another 2-Cents on the Hybrid-Green thing Logo.

We all pay more to drive and own these Hybrids so (Personally) I think the Public Sector should see that {We-All-Care} about the FE & Environment.

Hey what do I know though.

Terry (tiger)

Quick Reply: Civic Hybrid "Logo"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands