Clear Bra for HCH

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Clear Bra for HCH

Anyone have a recommendation for a clear bra for the hybrid?

Are they any good? Do you feel the are necessary?

Can these be put on yourself or do they require professional installation?

Just got my car this week and wondered if I should wax and get one of these clear bras.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: Clear Bra for HCH

Actually (and I wish I had seen this before buying mine), another car enthusiast board I'm on has a very strong hostility towards bras, and after taking mine off the first time last weekend to wash my car, I can see why... all sorts of dirt and gunk was getting trapped up in the folds that snapped into the wheel well. The hood segment was still nice and clean, so I think I'll leave that on, but the lower part is almost certainly coming off, and I'll be sticking with a nice heavy carnauba wax instead.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had one on my '04 HCH and my '00 Carrera Cabriolet. I swear by them, they're bearly noticable, provide good protection and peace of mind.

I decided not to install one on my '06 HCH II as I will probably only keep it 18-36 months, if I were planning to keep it long-term, I would've definitely had one installed.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast

We had them professionally installed on our 2005 Prius and our 2006 HCH and couldn't be happier. They do a great job of protecting the hood, front fenders, backs of the side-mirrors and the fog lights. We knew it was a good idea when we found out that our local Lexus dealer has them on every one of their loaner cars. In case anyone interested in reading about the product itself, you can check out the following link (click on "Paint Protection Film"):

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ir/Trans/Auto/

Old 04-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by esteban
Anyone have a recommendation for a clear bra for the hybrid?

Are they any good? Do you feel the are necessary?

Can these be put on yourself or do they require professional installation?

Just got my car this week and wondered if I should wax and get one of these clear bras.

Thanks
I have the 3m product on my 2001 Maxima and I just had it installed on my 06 HiHY about 2 months ago. I would highly recommend the product.

This is a great product, especially if you live in an area that snows and they sand the roads. The front end of my Maxima shows no pit marks from the winter months when we lived in Idaho and Colorado.

I would suggest a professional installation and if you use the 3m website definitely use one of their certified installers. By using a certified installer you get a 5 warranty covering the installation and the film itself.

Last edited by Chilly; 04-07-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sparksongs
We had them professionally installed on our 2005 Prius and our 2006 HCH and couldn't be happier. They do a great job of protecting the hood, front fenders, backs of the side-mirrors and the fog lights. We knew it was a good idea when we found out that our local Lexus dealer has them on every one of their loaner cars. In case anyone interested in reading about the product itself, you can check out the following link (click on "Paint Protection Film"):

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ir/Trans/Auto/
How much did you pay for the installation and the bra for your Civic?

Old 04-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Enthusiast

A little over $500 for each car (I priced a few people and had estimates as high as $700). The guy we choose wasn't quite the lowest price, but he was 3M-Certified, so we got a 5-yr warranty on the film as well as on the installation. But the best part was that he came to our house to do the jobs; everyone else wanted us to drop-off the car and pick it up the next day. By the way, the total install time was about 3.5 hours, and after watching him do it, I'm glad I didn't try it myself.

Last edited by sparksongs; 04-07-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
2006 Civic Hybrid

I'm getting my 2006 HCH done here in Toronto for $249 CND. (Nose and hood)

http://www.chipguard.com/

Old 04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

TreeHugr -

Were getting an 06 hybrid done? I went to the link and it said no entries found for that year/model.

I wish I could do this myself... I saw some on ebay for under 150 bucks.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:28 PM
2006 Civic Hybrid

Originally Posted by esteban
TreeHugr -

Were getting an 06 hybrid done? I went to the link and it said no entries found for that year/model.

I wish I could do this myself... I saw some on ebay for under 150 bucks.
Don't bother with the web site model look up. I called ahead and Marc confirmend that he had the HCH 2006 3M chip guard in stock. It took about an hour to apply and it looks great. It's not something one should attempt on your own without training. A DIY package would end up in the trash for sure.

Call Marc Legere at 416-407-5489 aand tell him that Mike from CHUM referred you.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Clear Bra for HCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands