Coincidence?!?!? - Honda Logo on fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:40 AM
AllThingsAuto
Question Coincidence?!?!? - Honda Logo on fuel tank

Anybody ever wonder if the straps holding the fuel tank were intentionally designed to look like the Honda "H" Logo???

It was hard finding a scanner big enough to park on

Old 07-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Coincidence?!?!? - Honda Logo on fuel tank

Originally Posted by wmschmitz
Anybody ever wonder if the straps holding the fuel tank were intentionally designed to look like the Honda "H" Logo???
Just what type of childhood did you have?

Old 07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
AllThingsAuto
Talking Re: Coincidence?!?!? - Honda Logo on fuel tank

My childhood was spent in the back of a VW bug when mobile. I learned to drive a stick when I could work the clutch reliably, I think I was 12 when I was allowed to drive the car around the yard and circular driveway alone. My first automatic experience was the BlueBird drivers ed car. The teacher laughed as i went for the nonexisting parking brake and later hit the brakes by accident when going for the clutch w/ my left foot. Got my driver's license in a Bug too. Most of my vehicles have been sticks and this is the first in a long time to have an Automatic. I like the CVT a lot, but still miss running a car through the gears and listening to an engine sing while revving...that's the thing most engines do when not trying for 60 mpg
Anyway...my childhood was great! The college and adult years are a story for another thread.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Like you wmschmitz, I can't believe I am driving a stick either!

Previously I have purchased 3 new Civics and 2 new Integras and they were ALL manual; I would not havt thought that I would consider anything else!

This car is so entertaining to drive though; and unlike my Del Sol or Integra GS-R, there is almost no risk of breaking the law while enjoying my drive; maximizing FE is done at the most reasonable speeds...

About the "H" on the fuel tank. That's an interesting find. And I find it interesting too!

Old 07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Energy Independence

It IS rather curious. I bet NOTHING was "by-accident" on this design!

Old 07-16-2006, 06:18 AM
AllThingsAuto

EZ2beGreen wrote:
> there is almost no risk of breaking the law while enjoying my drive

I'll end up getting a ticket for rolling through a Stop sign or taking a turn too briskly, speeding downhill to convert potential2kinetic is also a risk. Just yesterday I would have passed a cruiser if I'd let her glide on a halfmile downhill before an equal up. I just hope I have stellar mpg figures to show the nice officer when it happens.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I saw the H on the fuel tank when they first put the new Civic's on the Honda site. I got a laugh out of it then.