Colors for new Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question Colors for new Hybrids

I currently have on order an 06 HCH in magnetic pearl or Galaxy Grey metallic. My question is what color is magnetic pearl? I can't find anything on this color as far as an explanation to a shade or a similarity. To me, it looks like a purple/bluish color. Or is it black? I would think if it was black that the word black would be in the description.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Colors for new Hybrids

galaxy gray metallic

magnetic pearl

looks more blue than black to me...

here's the royal blue (non-hybrid color) for comparison

Last edited by lindermant; 11-15-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics tom!!

Old 11-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
..My question is what color is magnetic pearl?
Tom’s response was great. I also have a Magnetic Pearl (What kind of collage degree do you need to come up with the names for these colors?!?!?) HCH on order and went to the Honda Website. Select the HCH and then when you click the "Build and Price" link under tools, it allows you to select the exterior color. If you click this, it brings up the car in that color. You can do this for Non-Hybrids also, so you can see what the car would look like in a "non-available" hybrid color!

Last edited by lkewin; 11-15-2005 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

glad to help!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Larry, where abouts are you from in the Philly Burbs? I grew up just over the state line in DE. In fact, I was down there this past weekend. I was so bumbed that the Eagles lost last night!!

I have found the exterior colors section on the website but I don't think that gives a good indication of the actual color of the vehicle. I guess I need to go to the dealer and look at a Magnetic Pearl in a non-hybrid.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:28 PM

Magnetic Pearl is only found on the 2006 HCH. It's not on any of the non-hybrid Civics. Galaxy Gray is, however.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Magnetic Pearl is only found on the 2006 HCH. It's not on any of the non-hybrid Civics. Galaxy Gray is, however.
why do they have to make most of the HCHs in such dull colors??? i really wanted blue.....or red, but all i could get was magnesium.....

Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by laurie
why do they have to make most of the HCHs in such dull colors??? i really wanted blue.....or red, but all i could get was magnesium.....
Go to Macco and get it painted the color you want !

Seriously, I agree. Since the Hybrid and non-Hybrid are nearly identical (Please lets not start an analysis of this statement with replies of all the diffrences!) I would think most of the bodies exterior parts (painted in Tango Red Pearl, Atomic Blue Metalic or Royal Blue Pearl) could be used to build the Hybrid. Maybe because the Hybrids are built in Japan and not the North America, they don't no how to assemle a brightly colored car !

Old 11-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Actually, Honda's just trying to use as few colors as it can get away with. Since far fewer hybrids will be produced than regular Civics, it's much easier to move cars if the options and colors are as limited as possible. So there are two options (with or without nav) and five colors. The old model also had five colors.

Personally, I was upset with the color selection at first, but it's not that bad in my opinion. Galaxy Gray looks pretty good, especially when its tan hue is showing, boring silver actually looks good with the new body, and Honda's extensive collection of Opal Silver Blue photos on their website and brochure show that color looks really good. Well my Opal HCH arrived today and I'll be picking it up tomorrow so I'll upload photos when I do. I hope it looks as good as the photos.

Last edited by CGameProgrammer; 11-15-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Colors for new Hybrids

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands