Driver Seat Height Slips Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Question Driver Seat Height Slips Down

My wife and I are both "under - tall". We like the driver seat height adjustment - up to the max. Lately we've noticed it has been slipping down all on it's own. I had the dealer service dept. take a look. They didn't find a probem. The servive mgr. said he would contact Honda because he had another HCH II with the same problem. Any one else had this concern?
Thanks,

Old 08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver Seat Height Slips Down

Originally Posted by Donald
My wife and I are both "under - tall". We like the driver seat height adjustment - up to the max. Lately we've noticed it has been slipping down all on it's own. I had the dealer service dept. take a look. They didn't find a probem. The servive mgr. said he would contact Honda because he had another HCH II with the same problem. Any one else had this concern?
Thanks,
We are having the same problem (and the same settings as you).

Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

And Here I thought I was getting shorter!

Mine is doing it also

Old 08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, I'm tall, and my partner is short, so he would never have noticed to check for it slipping down, since we're always moving it one way or the other.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

Fortunately for me I drive in the 'Low' postion!LOL

Old 08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickster
We are having the same problem (and the same settings as you).

Glad I have Hondacare and know what I am talking about...

My wife brings in the car this morning. Later, the service manager tells my wife the tech can't duplicate the problem so they can't fix anything if they can't duplicate the problem. Maybe we are hitting the height adjustment when we exit.

I tell him that even if the tech CAN duplicate the problem, how will he know how to fix it? I tell him the conditions it happens in and that I've experienced it whilst driving and that I am giving him the symptoms. I also advise that I checked to see if my leg or my wife's leg hits the lever on exit and that it does not. He admits that he never drove it himself and will have to check with the tech.

I said take it on a 30 minute drive with the seat at the top position and see what happens.

We argue a little; I advise he check for any TSB's and if not, please give me the regional service manager's number or let me call Torrance and I'll investigate as this is a safety issue...he agrees to call the regional service manager.

Long story short, wife picks up the car, he's ordered a brand new seat frame at the advice of Honda Care. We'll arrange a loaner under Honda Care for the day it comes in. He was nice an pleasant to her.

Let everyone know the resolution once it is complete...