Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Question Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

For those with orders in for the first '06 HCH's, what is the date you expect to take deleivery? I am very anxious to hear how the new 3 stage VTEC motors effects mileage

Old 10-10-2005, 12:47 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Mine was due the end of November, but I pushed it out until after the first of the year to take advantage of the tax credit.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:48 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by lkewin
For those with orders in for the first '06 HCH's, what is the date you expect to take deleivery? I am very anxious to hear how the new 3 stage VTEC motors effects mileage
Hi lkewin; Mine is due first of Nov. if my dealer is guessing correct. Build date was 9/28/05 but still at this point Honda is not showing on their computer print outs a Vin # for this HCH, dealer thinks maybe the reason is because the official release date for the 06 HCH is 10/19/05 and at that point Honda will release these (Already-Built-HCH-Vin #'s). I might mention to you that when I checked and personally looked at the print outs (No) HCH's were showing up yet so maybe dealer is right that the vehicles are being built but Honda in Japan is not going to release the Vin #'s until after the official release date of 10/19/05.

I guess we shall see, Huh?

HTH

Terry

New update;
I changed dealers and the new dealer says (Del. Date Now-Is-Jan. Feb.) 2006)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-03-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Dealer was (Changed) New Dealer/New del. date/ Jan 06
Old 10-11-2005, 10:35 PM

I too am in contact with a dealer that has three non-nav hybrids (and I didn't ask how many with nav) built on 9/28, which he expects around the release date. I asked him to e-mail me as soon as they hit land, before even arriving at the dealer, just because I like knowing the progress of stuff like that. Hopefully he'll honor that.

I've spoken with other dealers whose cars were built in early October and they expect them to arrive in early November.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

I'm trading in my 02' Acura rsx-s for the 06' civic hybrid but the dealer here told me that they would be on the lot by the end of the month, he also told me there was no price yet on them, I wonder if he's telling the truth or waiting to mark up the car first.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 AM

MSRP is $21850 without nav, $23350 with. With a $550 destination charge it's $22400 and $23900 respectively. When they delay announcing price, it's because they haven't decided how much to mark it up by.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:07 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I too am in contact with a dealer that has three non-nav hybrids (and I didn't ask how many with nav) built on 9/28, which he expects around the release date. I asked him to e-mail me as soon as they hit land, before even arriving at the dealer, just because I like knowing the progress of stuff like that. Hopefully he'll honor that.

I've spoken with other dealers whose cars were built in early October and they expect them to arrive in early November.
I think you are right in that the HCH's are not going to arrive until 1st of Nov or Middle of Nov.
If earlier that would be great, but I don't really expect that to take place and if it does it will be a great (Earlier-Christmas-Gift) from the "Wife". All those Wives, aren't they the greatest!!!

Terry

Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by Mean*Green*Machine
I'm trading in my 02' Acura rsx-s for the 06' civic hybrid but the dealer here told me that they would be on the lot by the end of the month, he also told me there was no price yet on them, I wonder if he's telling the truth or waiting to mark up the car first.
Hi Frank; I can tell you that (Your) dealer is either not well informed (I-Really-Doubt-That) or he is going to price his once he finds out how many people are standing in line to get their hands on the HCH. I can tell you (IMO) that there will be alot of people wanting one.

If you want to see Honda's pricing it is in the threads already and the thread says 2006 Honda Prices. I did one of the threads myself.

HTH

Terry

BTW; My advise to anyone that seriously wants a HCH put a deposit down and lock it in. (Meaning-Make-It-Official)

Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hate car dealerships they are such a waste... just sell directly to the consumer and avoid his ridiculous markup. What good are they anyway?

Demand for the HCH will be high but I would still email all of your local dealers and ask for the lowest possible price, you might be able to get a discount of some sort for very little effort.

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Frank; I can tell you that (Your) dealer is either not well informed (I-Really-Doubt-That) or he is going to price his once he finds out how many people are standing in line to get their hands on the HCH. I can tell you (IMO) that there will be alot of people wanting one.

If you want to see Honda's pricing it is in the threads already and the thread says 2006 Honda Prices. I did one of the threads myself.

HTH

Terry

BTW; My advise to anyone that seriously wants a HCH put a deposit down and lock it in. (Meaning-Make-It-Official)

Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Honda very well maybe shooting themselves in the foot with the HCH pricing.

I just dont think there going to sell like they want. And the same goes for Si.

The EX and LX Coupe and Sedan is a whole lot of car that can be had today for 16k to 18k with good FE to boot. It will be intresting to see how the field levels out after all the Civics get on the market. Right now Civics are cutting into Accord sales. I would believe that would be a first. Gas prices are going down. And truth be known alot of buyers are going to walk by the hybrids in the coming months and get a EX sedan. And the tax credit. Alot of folks could careless. To them getting the credit is a flag on there history with the IRS and would rather go thru life in a quite & soft manner when it comes to the IRS beast.

I think this car will come into its own when Honda wakes up and repackages the car with moon roof, rear disk brakes a tranny choice and a better stereo. Most common buyers really dont care whats under the hood or what the EPA ratings are. The SUV's and Hummers are back in even greater numbers here. lmao. ( what a shame )

I cant wait til some of you start getting your cars and we see what Honda has really put out. I am almost as excited as the people who are buying them.

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands