Is it good time to buy now, below MSRP for Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Enthusiast
Question Is it good time to buy now, below MSRP for Civic?

I like the Civic Hybrid but 'cooled down' when prices went up last year, it was dealer's market.

I think prices are more 'softer' now for a buyer but also I've been waiting just to see the new Insight at the dealer lot, just to see it in person knowing it is smaller than the Civic, but cheaper.

I see the Civic prices fluctuate on different dealer's website and wonder if anyone has purchased one very recently, which type (navi, leather, basic) and what price you got, is BELOW msrp an option now, how much??

Old 02-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is it good time to buy now, below MSRP for Civic?

Here in AZ you can get the Hybrid for $2k below invoice. That's using the $1500 rebate and getting and additional $500 into hold back. And on top of the savings, you also get the low interest rate through Honda Finance.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

below invoice??
you meant below MSRP, right?

Also, didn't know is running cash back, I know Toyota is.

Anyone else?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geek
below invoice??
You meant below msrp, right?

Also, didn't know is running cash back, i know toyota is.

Anyone else?
yes, below invoice.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

so, what's the invoice price for the civic hybrid?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Try Edmunds.com under the New Cars -> Price with Options section. It will show you the sticker and invoice for the exact car you are looking at and give you a guestimate for how much they are selling for in your zip code (although I'm not sure if their TMV is always accurate for hybrids, it's still a good ballpark).

FWIW, I bought my '06 Civic in the fall of '07 when demand was on the cool side (I got $700 below sticker). I couldn't help but grin a little when the demand heated up again with $4/g gas. This is a great time to buy a hybrid--unless you think that gas will stay at $1.75 forever

Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast

thanks guys.

the only thing is that I don't see any ads from Honda running any cash back.

lastly, it is hard to believe that a dealer will sell a car for below invoice price, below MSRP is obviously an option but below their cost? specially a car like Honda?

I live in CT, if anyone from this area knows a dealer please post your comments and the dealer name please.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 AM

How hard do you want to fight for a price? This is a great time to buy cars since things aren't moving, but you're still going to be dealing with a Honda dealer who is used to selling cars closer to sticker. If you want to pay significantly below sticker (or invoice), I would guess your best strategy is to play a couple of dealers off of each other, spending time driving and negotiating with each of them. This will require more of a time investment on your part though--sometimes it's better to get a GOOD price than spend a lot of time, effort and frustration to get a GREAT price...just my $0.02.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 AM

Just name your price, they agree great. Walk if they don't, try next dealer. I mean really, it's a buyer market now. Take advantage of it.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

I just picked up my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid Leather/Navi today.
Final price was $700 under invoice.

Also note, there is a Honda dealer bonus for $500 expiring 2/28/2009. Dealers have a huge incentive to close the deal before this weekend.

Quick Reply: Is it good time to buy now, below MSRP for Civic?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands