HCH Advertising Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCH Advertising Campaign

As if the demand isn't high enough relative to supply, Honda is starting to aggressively advertise the HCH II....I saw an occasional ad on TV but check out this week's TIME (I know, most of us lean a little left and prefer Newsweek)- there is a 2 page spread just inside the front cover.

Last edited by jaykay; 06-07-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH Advertising Campaign

Originally Posted by jaykay
As if the demand isn't high enough relative to supply, Honda is starting to aggressively advertise the HCH II....I saw an occasional ad on TV but check out this week's TIME (I know, most of us lean a little left and prefer Newseek)- there is a 2 page spread just inside the front cover.
Car advertising is probably targeted at people who are thinking of buying in the next six months or so. Maybe Honda thinks demand will slacken by then compared to supply. Also, such advertising may be targeted at improving overall corporate image, and the HCH is a very nice feather in Honda's cap.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

IMO it's more of a PR move then about selling the HCH-II. They know that gas is a hot button right now so they are getting the message out that big "H" Honda is the answer. I haven't seen the ad so this is just a guess. A while back H was talking about curtailing hybrid production but now it looks like they're riding the wave.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

...and they can keep the prices and profits up...

Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually Honda may have made the ad buys some 3-4 months ago when gas was a little cheaper. I know we typically make our buying plan some 3-6 months in advance. Sure they can swap them, but as others said, it's a feather in the cap-and it will get people into the dealer-even if they have none to sell! Perhaps they will get them an upsell to an Accord Hybrid (which needs a little push) or another Honda.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaykay
(I know, most of us lean a little left and prefer Newsweek)

Speak for yourself....on both points.

Dan