HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Also got one of these. Glad to see everyone realizes how ridiculous this is.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got the same email. I deleted it and didn't care about it for 2 reasons:

1 - The car performed for me as I needed it and I believe met the MPG (though, depends on driving style and I don't recall those figures ever being guaranteed).

2 - I didn't even purchase my car during the time period they listed!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast

I Have a Question How do you guys with the 08 Civics get 50+ miles. I have an 08 i got in Oct. of 08 i have about 13k and I get 38-39 mpg and that was all highway driving.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08Civic Frank
I Have a Question How do you guys with the 08 Civics get 50+ miles. I have an 08 i got in Oct. of 08 i have about 13k and I get 38-39 mpg and that was all highway driving.
really? i have to have the AC blasting while heavy on the pedal in the CITY to get those numbers.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast

What gas do you use Reg Med or Super?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BamBam
really? i have to have the AC blasting while heavy on the pedal in the CITY to get those numbers.

What gas do you use Reg Med or Super?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Regular 87 Octane with 10% ethanol because I'm in Missouri. I just finished up a 600 mile highway trip driving 70-75 mph and averaged around 47 mpg. That was with stock 32psi in the tires btw.

The only time I was able to pull numbers in the 30's was a trip where I ran the A/C, drove 75 mph, in the rain, with 3 adults and luggage. If you are only getting upper 30's on the highway you need to get your tire pressure and wheel alignment.

Jeramie

Old 10-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flyer351
Regular 87 Octane with 10% ethanol because I'm in Missouri. I just finished up a 600 mile highway trip driving 70-75 mph and averaged around 47 mpg. That was with stock 32psi in the tires btw.

The only time I was able to pull numbers in the 30's was a trip where I ran the A/C, drove 75 mph, in the rain, with 3 adults and luggage. If you are only getting upper 30's on the highway you need to get your tire pressure and wheel alignment.

Jeramie

Tire pressure is good and the car only has 13k so I don't think an Alignment is the problem. There got to be somthing else wrong.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Theatrical Technician

Tire pressure is good and the car only has 13k so I don't think an Alignment is the problem. There got to be somthing else wrong.
Getting great MPG with a HCH takes more than firm tires and a certain kind of gas. You have to learn how to drive conservatively.

Try these 3 basic rules for a start.
1. Do your best to keep the engine under 2,000 RPM.
2. Avoid accelerating uphill.
3. Don't exceed 65 miles/hour.

There are other things you can do like:
4. Draft behind trucks and SUVs. You don't have to be real close. 3 to 5 car lengths works just fine for me.
5. Drive like you have no brakes - Long braking distance to stoplights. (this helps to recharge the battery).
6. Avoid long warm-ups.
7. Coast as often as you can. Leave a good coasting distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. Every time you hit the brakes you are wasting energy.
8. If you are stopped (like at a RR crossing) and the engine is running, turn it off until you are ready to start moving.
9. Don't leave the air system on Auto. This keeps the AC compressor running even in cooler weather. Hit the AC button so the display reads "AC Off". If your windows fog up or you are too warm use the AC as needed.

If you want to learn more about fuel have a look at this thread:
Mid Grade Gas is Cheaper

I hope this helps... Happy Miles!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucky
Why? Are you unhappy with your HCH? Disappointed with it's MPG?

I intend to object to the settlement as the car has been great and I'm happy with the MPG. If enough happy customers object to the settlement, the judge may just dismiss it as groundless.
Yes I'm disappointed with the MPG. I read a lot of crap on here about how people get 50+ MPG then I buy the car and I can't get over 38 (average over last 6k miles.) I even had to pump up my tires by a few PSI to get this, and I drive the speed limit, try to get the engine to stop whenever possible, don't creep, etc.

I'm not a "hypermiler" and I don't think I should have to be to get good mileage in this car. There have been many people on this forum who complain about bad mileage and they always get dismissed as being the odd-ones out. Maybe they aren't lying.

Quick Reply: HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands