HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Just wait until you have to replace the cvt transmission parts. How do you know it is time? When mileage drops and check engine light comes on. $1000 to buy a new Honda but not a new hybrid? No thanks.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

Like some other Civic hybrid owners, I plan to object to this lawsuit as frivolous. The plaintiffs claimed they got 32 mpg. How hard are they stomping on their accelerator and brake? I get 45 mpg around town and over 50 mpg on the highway. If this class action goes forward the results will be $10,000 for each of the two plaintiffs. A $100 check for all other Civic hybrid owners who opt into the lawsuit, and $3,000,000 for the lawyers. I am not making this up.
Join me and object to the lawsuit!

Old 10-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think my car is great 46 mpg's lifetime av. for 41k miles, and mostly around town driving 90/10. I could do with a fewer recalls, but no big deal, I just put the shifter into s and soon I am back to normal soc.

Brian
ps I got mine the other day and I will opt out also.....I hate stupid class actions,,,the plaintiff should have to pay fees if it is deemed frivolous and thrown out. It would make others think before doing some other stupid lawsuit.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dan bergmann
Like some other Civic hybrid owners, I plan to object to this lawsuit as frivolous. The plaintiffs claimed they got 32 mpg. How hard are they stomping on their accelerator and brake? I get 45 mpg around town and over 50 mpg on the highway. If this class action goes forward the results will be $10,000 for each of the two plaintiffs. A $100 check for all other Civic hybrid owners who opt into the lawsuit, and $3,000,000 for the lawyers. I am not making this up.
Join me and object to the lawsuit!
Dan, I'm equally sickened by this lawsuit. How are we OK as Americans fleecing auto companies so that a couple lawyers can get millions and the class being represented walks away with $100. Beyond ridiculous distribution of settlement money, the claims on mileage are equally messed up. You'd have to beat on an HCH to only get 32 mpg. Sure, there are occasions where you could see 32 but that is the exception. Generally, I get between 45-55.

I noticed you said you plan to object to the settlement. The mailed notice laid out a pretty rigorous set of requirements in order to object. I'm not a lawyer and I'd rather not get tied up in this suit so the language on the 'object' paragraph seems intimidating. However, I'd really like to be involved against this in some way. What your plans for objecting to the suit? I'm sure many of us on this board and cleanmpg would join together to defend the HCH but are apprehensive of lawyers and the court system.

Jeramie

Old 10-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Are you folks getting e-mails or hard copy letters?

The version I saw said you were automatically included in the lawsuit unless you filled out a rather lengthy form including personal information. I figured the letter to be "phishing" for personal info. How can one tell if the lawsuit is real?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Enthusiast

You can search online for information about the lawsuit. I googled True v. Honda and the second item was a website with links to various information about this case.

I agree with others that this seems frivolous. If Honda advertised the EPA mileage - even if it was too high - they should not be held accountable. If we regulate these companies and set the estimates, a company should be able to trust that they can use that information without being sued.

I've gotten about 43 mpg with my 2003 in all kinds of driving and have been very happy with the car.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I got one yesterday, I don't see any way to object, only opt out by providing information I do not feel comfortable providing. Went to the website, looks official but, I could put together a similar web site using dreamweaver in a few minutes, probably even give it a Honda domain...this bothers me a great deal.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
I got one yesterday, I don't see any way to object, only opt out by providing information I do not feel comfortable providing. Went to the website, looks official but, I could put together a similar web site using dreamweaver in a few minutes, probably even give it a Honda domain...this bothers me a great deal.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

I am attempting to contact the "Class Counsel" now to find out details on how to object. There is certainly an option where you show up at the courhouse in Riverside CA. The other option is to simply send a letter to the court. That is the option I am pursuing. When I get details I will post them here. I feel if enough of us object there is a possibility that they will throw out the lawsuit. Remember, by doing this you are risking the loss of a $100 check.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Enthusiast

2006 here. I will opt out. My mpg has dropped from ~47mpg to ~39mpg. My second IMA battery(59,000 miles and am on my second) will not hold a charge and IMA light came on today. I goto the dealership tomorrow. Depending on their response, I may just sue them myself. These lawyers/Honda can keep their $100. Quite a few people get junk cars, so they give you $100 and the laywers make $2.95 million. Sounds like I'm the winner in this one. I hope you sense the sarcasm.

Quick Reply: HCH Class Action Lawsuit?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands