HCH falling apart?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HCH falling apart?

A few months after I got my car, I noticed a piece of the trim was coming off (pictured below). It is on the passengers side, so I didn't get a chance to check it for a while (and I have been forgetting). The other day, I decided to see how loose it was and if I could put it back in. So I sat down in the passenger's seat and began to lift up the trim. It came out so easily- as if it were resting there. I was able to clip it back in (like it should have been). Now, I think that it came like this, because I don't see that thing unclipping itself. I think some others have had problems with the dash too. It's not a big deal, but when I buy a car I would prefer that it comes fully assembled.

Ok. well I took pictures, but they are MIA. It was the piece next to the little tiny window on the passenger's side. (the one w/ the little vents on it)

Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH falling apart?

Mine is the same way, I brought it to the attention of the dealer when I was having an oil change and they told me that they would have to have schedule this for a different day since their trim guy was busy, I have grown used to it and a I ask however is in the passenger seat to please tuck the piece back in. I have to talk to the dealer again, in case the trim itself needs replacement, maybe a clip broke off???

Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Is this the piece with a few holes in it that "hovers" over the air vent in the window triangle?

Without a picture you'll need to be more descriptive.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 AM

Fasteddie: I checked mine and there were no broken clips. So far, it has not come back out (I took it all the way out and put it back in place).

Spinner: It is the piece directly to the left of the triangle window. It is sorta trapezoid-shaped. It has a long and skinny air vent with several rectangular openings.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

No, I believe the piece we are referring to is directly beneath the "quarter window".

Old 12-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Yeah. I mean to the left if you're sitting in the car looking forward. :p