HCH II Radio/Navi Weirdness (lag on all controls)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation HCH II Radio/Navi Weirdness (lag on all controls)

This morning on my first day in the HOV lane (woohoo!) I went to change radio stations using the steering wheel controls.

At first it would change, but the display on screen wouldn't change for a few seconds. Then my changes would take much more than a few seconds to register. Then the buttons on the radio/Nav would lag even more.

I tried to turn the radio on and off and even the display for power off took a while and then while the radio turned on, it still showed it as off while the music played!

Even pressing the voice command system took much more time to respond than normal (usually near instant, this time up to 10 seconds).

The car is basically 3 weeks old with maybe 700-800 miles.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to do a total "reboot" of either the Navi/Radio head or else the whole car??

Thanks!

Michael

Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II Radio/Navi Weirdness (lag on all controls)

As you approach the speed of light in the HOV lane things slow down.
Sorry I have no idea about your problem just couldnt resist

Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes, I've had similar problems. Do you have a PCMCIA card reader in the slot with an SD (or other) media card? That was the cause of my problem. It (intermittantly) caused huge delays in the NAVI function and all audio functions (even non-card audio). Popped that sucker out, turned everything off and restarted the car and it was fine again. I still use the card reader, but only when I need to (I leave it out of the slot by default). No problems since. Give it a try... you've got nothing to lose!

Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Yes, I've had similar problems. Do you have a PCMCIA card reader in the slot with an SD (or other) media card? That was the cause of my problem. It (intermittantly) caused huge delays in the NAVI function and all audio functions (even non-card audio). Popped that sucker out, turned everything off and restarted the car and it was fine again. I still use the card reader, but only when I need to (I leave it out of the slot by default). No problems since. Give it a try... you've got nothing to lose!
I have a CF card yes-and funny enough-I was thinking that may be causing the lag (as it probably pre-caches some data and hit a bad file...)

Thanks I'll try that!

Michael

Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

it should not happen if you are not changing the CF card.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think I scrolled through the modes to card and then back to radio-it hit the lag after that.

I took it out today and everything runs fine.