HCH II Taxis!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default HCH II Taxis!

I thought you guys would enjoy hearing that there seems to be a fleet of bright yellow HCH II taxis running around the Hartford, CT area. I saw my first one heading north on 91 last weekend and just saw another one running around town (Hartford suburb). It speaks very well for them since no company would put a car into service as a taxi if they didn't think it was a good financial decision. Now the real question: do the drivers know about P&G or do they just drive it like a tiny crown vic?

Old 03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II Taxis!

Originally Posted by brick
I thought you guys would enjoy hearing that there seems to be a fleet of bright yellow HCH II taxis running around the Hartford, CT area. I saw my first one heading north on 91 last weekend and just saw another one running around town (Hartford suburb). It speaks very well for them since no company would put a car into service as a taxi if they didn't think it was a good financial decision. Now the real question: do the drivers know about P&G or do they just drive it like a tiny crown vic?
I bet they drive it like a tiny Crown Victoria. Regardless, they are using less than half as much gas and saving a ton of money with the 100,000 miles per year that a cab does.

I just wonder what they do when three big people want a ride, or someone wants to go to the airport with more than one suitcase.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think I could fit 2-3 large suitcases in the trunk of my '06??

Old 03-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

We have a company using the black prius for limmo service here in Los Angeles. I'm also happy to see the civic & prius available as rentals at LAX (Los Angeles International).

Old 03-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

That's cool!!!!

Old 03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Vegetarian

Nice. You should take some pictures, I'd like to see that.
Is the HCH II trunk bigger than the HCH I? If so, I'm jealous... the trunk on my '05 is smaller than my 95 civic's was.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Very sweet! I second IMAhybrid's request for pictures- what a cool thing. Did you happen to catch the company name? Because I'd like to google them and see if they're advertising it or if maybe they have pictures up themselves. It could be a good ad strategy, in addition to the fuel savings.

As for the driving strategy, taxi drivers have always driven differently than any other people on the planet. Without giving it much thought, I would guess that they have some of the least FE driving mannerisms out there, all collected together. Driving hybrids might change this a bit- it would be interesting to ask the drivers if it does or not. Hmmmmm.... food for thought. Thanks for the tidbit!

Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM

I don't know the name, but I could always keep a camera handy and see what I can do. I'll post back if I can learn more about them.

Tim

Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pics would be cool!

The town I live in has an '05 HCH as a town vehicle....my tax dollars at work.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Town vehicle ????

Quick Reply: HCH II Taxis!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands