HCH owner sues Honda over mileage claims

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default HCH owner sues Honda over mileage claims

Not happy with his mileage, this guy takes Honda to court.....

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...707060350/1148

Old 07-06-2007, 06:55 AM
Happy Camper Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH owner sues Honda over mileage claims

unbelievable in *so* many ways.

CR only got 26 mpg . . . probably complained about a lack of power, too, even with the pedal on the floor and the revs pegged at 6500 all the time. . . .

I just hope they make this ******** pay Honda's legal fees.
--d

Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

All Honda needs to do is point to us and cleanmpg and say "Hey, they're beating the EPA. Maybe the test is too easy!"

Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Banned

Can the two dup threads be merged?

Hey anyone can get 60% of the EPA if they shove their right foot hard enough. Isn't it common knowledge that most drivers get 20% under the old EPA estimates?

I know - I know, guy just wants to get money regardless of the truth.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Email I just sent:

I caught your article this morning, and have to say that this particular driver not only got fleeced by his dealer, he's also way off on what his car is capable of. I paid just over sticker after TTL for mine a little over a year ago, and like many other people, consistently *beat* the EPA estimates. I'd like to invite you over to a pair of enthusiast websites, www.greenhybrid.com and www.cleanmpg.com, where you'll find people trading tips, techniques, stories, and even the occasional kind-hearted challenge. We also have databases actively maintained by those same people, tracking mileage both by make/model, and by car (mine is https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...car/2383.html). There is a lot of misinformation being spread about hybrids, typically a result of people like Mr. True attempting to drive hybrids like they're somehow a magical mileage machine, so it's important that articles like yours point out that for every tale of misery, there's someone else making the EPA look foolish.
Respectfully,
Chris <name>

Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 AM
HypoFueler

Good letter Chris - be careful as you or Kenny might be called as expert witnesses for the Defense!

Old 07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
Good letter Chris - be careful as you or Kenny might be called as expert witnesses for the Defense!
I wouldn't mind having Honda fly me out to Cali for a couple of days, but I'll pass on going to Michigan. Of course, it'd be a lot easier (and cheaper) for them just to request database dumps from GH and CMPG. I'm not sure kenny and I would even count as "expert" witnesses, either... in order to be considered an expert in the eyes of the court, you usually need licensure or certification of some sort. For this, that would probably mean a PE (Professional Engineer), or EI (Engineering Intern) at the very least.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Is it just me or would a guy have to actually try to make the car fail??

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to purchase these cars, ha ha!

Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

the guy lives in ontario, cali. It was 95 yesterday and today. Sorry, but if you are running AC on MAX, you will be gettin 10-15 mpg less than without AC or minimum AC useage.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Energy Independence

"The lawsuit claims American Honda Motor Co. has misled consumers in its advertisements and on its Web site. The suit notes that while the Environmental Protection Agency and automobile window stickers say "mileage will vary," some Honda advertisements read "mileage mayvary." That implies that it's possible to get the mileage advertised, said William H. Anderson, a Washington, D.C., attorney for True."

I got better than the EPA estimate on my way to work today (54), and again on my way back home tonight (52)!

It's SUCH a stupid, flimsy argument that it may actually win

It may just be yet another example of people that have NO IDEA what MPG they were getting before (compared to the vehicle's EPA estimate), but now that they're in a hybrid - by God it better hit the numbers, no matter what the driving parameters are.

Quick Reply: HCH owner sues Honda over mileage claims

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands