Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

  #21  
Old 11-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Archslater's Avatar
Enthusiastically Active
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 369
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

I refused the 7/120 extended warranty, and they knocked the price down to $1,095. I still refused, because this is my 4th Honda and I've never had any problem whatsoever. The battery and hybrid powertrain makes me a bit nervous, but the battery has an 8 year (prorated) warranty and the powertrain as a 5/60 warranty..... plus from research at this site and others, hybrids tend to be more reliable because people tend to drive them easier. Just my 2 cents...... I know extended warranties are a big money-maker at dealerships.
 
  #22  
Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Tim's Avatar
Tim
Tim is offline
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 852
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by powerglide
I wish Honda had better financing deals.....the best I could get out of them is 3.99% and I have great credit. I suppose thats still pretty good. (Infiniti has got 1.99% promotions....)
That's a decent deal. Banks offer what they offer - good credit will get you the best deal available at the time, not necessarily a low number. I got 1.9% on my 03, but only 5.99% on my 05 Pilot recently. Same credit - just changes in the market.

BTW, I bought my warranty from the dealership. 7yr/100K, and I get roadside assistance. Thought that was a worthy add for the money. I generally dislike extended warranties (I agree with previous remark - that's why you buy a Honda in the first place). However with all the relatively new technology and potentially expensive repairs, it was worth what amounted to $10 extra a month.

BTW, I was in on the launch of the Chandra X-Ray telescope. Satellites are cool.
 
  #23  
Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by Tim
That's a decent deal. Banks offer what they offer - good credit will get you the best deal available at the time, not necessarily a low number. I got 1.9% on my 03, but only 5.99% on my 05 Pilot recently. Same credit - just changes in the market.

BTW, I bought my warranty from the dealership. 7yr/100K, and I get roadside assistance. Thought that was a worthy add for the money. I generally dislike extended warranties (I agree with previous remark - that's why you buy a Honda in the first place). However with all the relatively new technology and potentially expensive repairs, it was worth what amounted to $10 extra a month.
Thats my thinking too....I've owned a couple hondas before and never had a use for the warranty. But the new hightech gizmos worry me because they are new and I can't take it to an independent mechanic
 
  #24  
Old 11-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: El Cerrito, CA
Posts: 700
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by Tim
BTW, I was in on the launch of the Chandra X-Ray telescope. Satellites are cool.
So everybody here is a rocket scientist.
 
  #25  
Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by ElanC
So everybody here is a rocket scientist.
Guess so.....speaks volumes about hybrid cars!

BTW Elan, that silver HCH with Nav is exactly what I'm after too.....maybe throw in the XM if its just 400 more. (also probably get the extended warranty too....) the price is same as 2005 Accord Hybrid (with all the discounts!)....pretty expensive!

If I can drive the carpool lane + get 2000 tax credit + get 51 mpg I'm guessin its worth it!

When do you get yours? (how long since order/delivery)
 
  #26  
Old 11-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: El Cerrito, CA
Posts: 700
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by powerglide
Guess so.....speaks volumes about hybrid cars!

BTW Elan, that silver HCH with Nav is exactly what I'm after too.....maybe throw in the XM if its just 400 more. (also probably get the extended warranty too....) the price is same as 2005 Accord Hybrid (with all the discounts!)....pretty expensive!

If I can drive the carpool lane + get 2000 tax credit + get 51 mpg I'm guessin its worth it!

When do you get yours? (how long since order/delivery)
Ordered exactly one week ago. Expected build date was Nov. 18th. Delivery early January. I suspect the dealer might actually get it in December, in which case I'll want him to hold it till January. I'll be talking to the dealer in a week or two to get a better handle on expected delivery date.
 
  #27  
Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Tim's Avatar
Tim
Tim is offline
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 852
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by powerglide
.....maybe throw in the XM if its just 400 more.
I got a Sirius radio for my HCH - not an installed one, but the unit sits in a cradle that transmits FM to my car radio. I'd prefer an installed one - maybe will go after market. If you want my 2 cents, I love, love, love, love my satellite radio. I'm in the car 2 hours a day, and those 120 channels and no commercials are absolutely fantastic. The radio does require line-of-sight from the antenna to the sky, so it does break up under bridges or down a road with lots of trees that overhang. I'd say 98% of my commute is clear. Had it been an option on my 03, I would have got one for sure. $12.95 a month for no commercials is a bargin IMO.
 
  #28  
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

Originally Posted by Tim
I got a Sirius radio for my HCH - not an installed one, but the unit sits in a cradle that transmits FM to my car radio. I'd prefer an installed one - maybe will go after market. If you want my 2 cents, I love, love, love, love my satellite radio. I'm in the car 2 hours a day, and those 120 channels and no commercials are absolutely fantastic. The radio does require line-of-sight from the antenna to the sky, so it does break up under bridges or down a road with lots of trees that overhang. I'd say 98% of my commute is clear. Had it been an option on my 03, I would have got one for sure. $12.95 a month for no commercials is a bargin IMO.
Yeah, thats what I think as well.....except the initial installed price of 880 bucks is a big chunk of change!

BTW how is that Bass Speaker that goes in the spare tire? Worth it?

.....as you can see I am revving up to put down a deposit
 
  #29  
Old 11-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Tim's Avatar
Tim
Tim is offline
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 852
Default Re: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!

I'm not quite sure about the bass speaker - I don't have such a thing. My 03 has the stock stereo - satelite radio was not an option to get then. My after-market setup only consists of the radio unit, the cradle, power chord (plugs into lighter socket) and antenna. Got it all at Radio Shack - $150 total. $880 seems very steep. I know these things can go in after market for much less.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Topic Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
haroldo
Toyota Camry Hybrid
23
06-26-2010 12:58 PM
raven77
Toyota Camry Hybrid
16
02-27-2008 06:49 AM
clostridium
Toyota Prius
11
03-20-2007 11:26 AM
Clubford00
Introductions
2
08-04-2005 11:31 PM
challenger1
Fuel Economy & Emissions
10
03-22-2005 12:10 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello Everyone ! Newbie needs advice!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.