HELP!! No dash lights horn and windows dont work and wont START :( 07 civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default HELP!! No dash lights horn and windows dont work and wont START :( 07 civic

PLEASE HELP

i have a 2007 civic hybrid, It was running great on the way to the lake go swimming come back and it doesnt want to start!!

I put the key in turn it over i can hear the Fuel pump working but there is no dash lights only thing that comes on is the navi system horn doesnt even work I turn the key to start it and it turns over !! but still no lights sometimes it will even starts for a couple secs then just dies cant see how much gas is in it or anything no lights work at all AND it wont come out of PARK

What i have done so far is new 12v battery, checked fuses for ign under dash and I even checked the main fuses under the hood there all good turns over fine just wont run and no light will come on Brake light do come on when i apply the brakes has fuel in it and ima batt was charged when i parked it

This 2007 civic hybrid only has 26xxx miles on it WHY IS THIS HAPPENING i bought it used from a private owner so no warrentys

ANY help would be great Has any one else had this prob ughhh

any input would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HELP!! No dash lights horn and windows dont work and wont START :( 07 civic

Make sure the [-]ground is actually making ground! H

Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Default Re: HELP!! No dash lights horn and windows dont work and wont START :( 07 civic

Check the 100 amp fuse in the engine compartment. H

Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

Ground is good ... and i pulled at the 100a fuse and all the connections looked good none were broken .. So idk im so confused and stumped its driving me crazy !! LOL its so crazy how none of the lights come on not even a check engine light but the head lights and brake lights still work .... and it being stuck in park ughhh lol

thanks for you input i want to fig this out cause the honda dealer wants my arm and leg just to look at it !!

Thanks again

Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Enthusiast

I had this happen to be awhile back. I had been waiting for my son to finish practice...I thought I had turned off the car key was in the second position. I had the radio on, dome light so I could read, and the fans were on. What I had done was drain the 12v and the 144v in the back. I kept the key in the start position while still cranking engine over....got enough juice to the 144v in back...car ran badly for about 15 minutes. RPM's all over the place etc..I tried to keep the rmps as high 3k as I could , but the car regenerated it's batteries back, and on my way home. Never did that again..About 3 weeks later the 12v was dead from the deep discharge.

Last edited by hchiiluv; 08-09-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast

I installed a new batt and it cranks fine but still no dash lights just keeps cranking some times it will start for a sec then just dies ... Even after it start for that sec STILL no dash lights is that what happen to u ?

Honda wants 100 bucks to dignose the prob :/ and the warrenty was up 6 months ago im goin to just try and replace the 100a fuse and the 50a ign fuse even thou they look good if they dont fix it idk

Thanks for the input ill will update if the new fuses fix it

Thankyou all !!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Did you check the fuses for continuity! If they have continuity then they are fine. Need a ohm. meter to do this. Hal

Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Hey Cody, I think I would pay Honda the $100! If you have them repair the problem they don't charge you the 100 buck, only the repair and parts costs. But confirm this first. H

Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

I called and they said they would put the 100 toward the parts and labor prob is im unemployed at the moment so im just tryin to fig it out on my own .. It sounds like a main fuse for the ign but I dont no they,all look ok :/ has the stock sucurity systems been knoun to do any thing like this ? The mech at honda was even confused he thought it was the batt tell I told him that its still doin it with the new batt in it

Thanks Harold for your input

Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Take the fuses to a auto parts dealer and have them check the continuity for you if you don't have a ohm-meter. You may want to try Clean mpg.com. Some very knowledgeable folks on that site. H

Quick Reply: HELP!! No dash lights horn and windows dont work and wont START :( 07 civic

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands