Honda civic hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Honda civic hybrid

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and to hybrids. I purchased a used 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid in August from an independant dealer. The car had 2 previous owners, both leasers and a clean history. 4 months later, the IMA and check engine light come on and off periodically. The battery is still charging fully, car drives normally, and auto-stop still works. The car currently has 76k miles, was purchased with 72k. I will be bringing the car into the dealer, but am concerned, I left a big down payment and an expensive repair (battery replacement), would cause financial distress. I live in NY, where the current warranty has been extended by Honda for 15 years/150,000 miles for the battery. I did buy an extended warranty from the independant dealer, but do not see the battery listed as covered, but shouldn't Honda still cover this since this was a class action lawsuit and the warranty has been extended? Thank you for any help!

Old 12-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda civic hybrid

Get to the Honda dealer immediately. You are covered under the settlement warranty, 9yr/92K miles.

Do not reset codes and do not disconnect your 12V battery.

The 15yr/150K mile warranty may not apply if the car was not purchased in NY. There are other exclusions by VIN.

Aftermarket warranties never include the hybrid battery. They would go broke.