Honda Civic Hybrid Color Choices

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Honda Civic Hybrid Color Choices

Is it just me or does the colors for the hybrid kinda stink compared to what the non hybrid has available? I want a civic hybrid. But the color choices at least are somewhat more defined on the prius. Does anyone know if honda will let you order it in a different color?

Last edited by clownjuggles; 05-03-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Civic Hybrid Color Choices

I have seen several in other colors, I know this for a fact b/c a freind of mine had one ordered with an accord blue color..awesome .

Old 05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes the 2006 Civic hybrid colors suck.

The only one I like is the Mag pearl, but I didn't get it.
Also the Ivory interior bites.

Old 05-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Magnetic Pearl is awesome. Pictures don't do it justice - you've got to see it in person, on a sunny day.

Honda generally does 'weird' things with colors. Certain colors only available in certain trims, etc.

I'd still buy a boring gray '06 HCH before I'd buy a Prius in any color....but that's just me.

;-)

Old 05-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

If the HCH-II came in the royal blue that the non-hybrid comes in I'd be all over it. That dark royal blue just looks awesome. But I'm waiting for mag-pearl. I'm expecting it in June but if it takes longer that's okay with me. I might compromize for silver but don't know yet.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-04-2006, 06:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

My Insight was Monte Carlo Blue - probably a shade or two lighter than the new Civic's blue. It was ok, not as nice really as the blue that my old Jeep Wrangler came in...THAT was a sweet blue color with a little silver flake in it.

The Mag Pearl has a lot of metallic flake in it...when it's clean and the sun is shining on it....simply awesome. I looked at a lot of the user's pics before I got mine - you really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yes the color choices suck. The 03-04 model had a nice royal/navy blue color, but it only came with beige interior. I simply refuse to get the puke colored interior, so I went with silver so I could have the grey. The 06 now has puke interior no matter what color you get, ugly as crap if you ask me.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I really wish the hybrid had been available in the non-hybrid's Atomic Blue Metallic. They had an LX in that color at the dealership. If it had been an EX.....

Also, a nice green would've been nice.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

I had a whopping 3 colors to pick from in 03 - none I really liked but went with BlueOpalSliver (whatever it is). At least in 04-5 they picked up grey and blue. I always thought it was wierd that they simply didn't offer some standard colors - red and black would have been very nice.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

yeah, Honda has always puzzled me with their color options. A few years back a friend of mine wanted the Accord EX (loaded) in a particular blue color. He couldn't get it because ...get this...it was only available on the 'lower end' Accords. WTF?

Ok...I can maybe see it working the opposite..."sorry that special color is only available for the higher-end models"....but c'mon...if you are buying the top of the line, you should get your choice of ALL the colors that the car is available in.

Quick Reply: Honda Civic Hybrid Color Choices

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands