Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Originally Posted by these_go211
i believe it is silent alarm. basically, it just makes you car unstartable (unless that one condition i mentioned in my earlier email is met). so someone brakes your window, opens your door, and trys to hotwire the car. but they wont get it won't work. but there will also not be an audible alarm. at least that is how i understand it.

that's how my 03 HCH is, starter disabler. Nobody will be able start the car unless they have the key. Before I added the module they could break into the car and steal the radio (or GPS I added in), but now if they try to break in it'll honk the horn to hopefully alert someone (or at least **** of the neighbors).

Old 04-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Enthusiast

This starter disabler whatchamadoodle, exactly how does this work? I ask because I've noticed a problem with my 05 HCH that I bought last week. Twice now, I've tried to turn the key in the ignition, and it won't budge. I take it out, put it back in, wiggle it, nothing happens, it still won't turn. The first time it happened, I probably tried 10 times, and finally it turned. The second time, I forced the key to turn, but I had to apply so much force, I was sure something was going to break. Could this be related to a security feature, or is it something else?

Old 04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
This starter disabler whatchamadoodle, exactly how does this work? I ask because I've noticed a problem with my 05 HCH that I bought last week. Twice now, I've tried to turn the key in the ignition, and it won't budge. I take it out, put it back in, wiggle it, nothing happens, it still won't turn. The first time it happened, I probably tried 10 times, and finally it turned. The second time, I forced the key to turn, but I had to apply so much force, I was sure something was going to break. Could this be related to a security feature, or is it something else?
I wonder if it is the steering wheel lock.
Try rotating the steering wheel slightly in each direction as you turn the key.

I used to have this issue with my 92 accord when it was new, at least till I got used to moving the steering wheel.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll give that a try next time it happens.

Old 04-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Eye am teh smartey

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
This is definately caused by the steering wheel lock, you just need to grab the wheel and turn it a little bit away from the locked position. All cars pretty much do that sometimes, don't know exactly why...

Old 04-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Originally Posted by n1ywb
Also I looked underneith the drivers dash and I couldn't find an alarm module, I did find an unplugged green connecter taped up with blue tape, is that the mystery alarm connector?
most hondas at my dealer come pre-equipped with the starguard security feature, which requires that an additional chip be inserted underneath the dashboard before the car can start, hotwired or even with the correct key. the "mystery alarm connector" you mention is probably the mount and connection for the starguard system. i have this option on my hch, and the chip mount is directly over the driver's right knee, slightly inset.

Last edited by bluecivichybrid; 04-17-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n1ywb
My window sticker says "Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System". The salesman mentioned there was a chip in the key and it wouldn't start without the magical honda key. However today I tested the system by getting in the car, I pressed the remote lock button twice and I got the horn blip. I unlocked the door and opened it, and no alarm went off. Also I looked underneith the drivers dash and I couldn't find an alarm module, I did find an unplugged green connecter taped up with blue tape, is that the mystery alarm connector?
YES, the unplugged green connecter taped up with blue tape is the alarm module connector! That's what I plugged into the $90-$120 alarm module (I paid a bit less than 90) I purchased from collehe hills honda. In addition to the starter disabler which was already installed (this is the thing which contains the chip in the key -- I think we all have it standard). Now when someone tried to break in the horn will sound and the lights will flash.

**** I'm sleepy -- 5:30am is too early to get up... How do some people do this daily?!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dpmitche
YES, the unplugged green connecter taped up with blue tape is the alarm module connector! That's what I plugged into the $90-$120 alarm module (I paid a bit less than 90) I purchased from collehe hills honda.
this is very interesting - i wonder with my starguard chip installed, will this allow me to be able to install this alarm module connector you have? or are we talking about the same thing? My Honda dealer recommended that I install the starguard system as an available option, so I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast

The Dealership charged me $449 for an alarm. I think I got ripped off. But besides that, when they gave me the car, they showed me the override button, which is very obvious. That doesn't make much sense to me, why have an alarm if you can just reach down and turn it off. I'm really confused. Have any of you seen anything like that?

Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 PM

that's very disappointing to me that they charged you that much for a system that could be turned off at the push of an overt button.. makes me glad i paid only $200 for my starguard system (they were only trying to up my bargaining price of $20,000 to $20,200)

Quick Reply: Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands