Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Does anything else have to be done in addition to plugging in the module? Is there any wiring to be done? How does one know if the system has been armed or not?

In my Corolla, I have an after-market system that has a blinking red light on my dash that tells me when the system is armed. Is there something similar to this? Do I have to drill any holes?

Also, do I just stick the green connector with the module back to where it belonged?

Thanks

Old 08-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast

May I ask - where is this override switch? I don't see it.

I have no need for an audible alarm but still want the door locks, etc to work from the remote.

I have an LED right there, but no switch anywhere near it. The alarm has gone off several times when I didn't want it to and it's annoying - I'd rather just not have it.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

I found the vallet switch under the driver side dash.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone here still have the instructions for their alarm. I need to reprogram mine. Right now the alarm automatically arms. I want to change it so you have to arm it with the key fob. If memory serves me correctly, there were two slightly different procedures, but alas, I have misplaced the instructions.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

Not sure if this is something that can be unprogrammed.....
When I enter the vehicle, the natural first instinct is to hit the door lock switch to lock all the door. I do this in my other cars no problem, but in the 2005HCH, it arms the alarm system. This is more than annoying as sometimes I'm just sitting in the car and my elbow hits the door's upper manual lock and it also arms the systems, then the alarm goes off when I try using the remote to disarm it. THis to me is not normal. Also, the car won't start in this situation. My daughter also likes locking the doors upon entering the vehicle for saftey, but she has to start the car first then hit the lock switch. Any ideas or comments on your own experiences for the MY2005 HCH owners?

Old 02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 06 Civic Hybrid. Whenever I'm in the car and lock the car with my remote , then try to get out of the car (unlocking with the door handle first) the alarm goes off. I guess this means I have the alarm system. What other features go with this alarm? What if someone shakes the car? What if someone breaks a window?

Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

The factory security device is only if the vehicle door is opened. If the glass is broken or the car is moved or towed away, nothing will happen. There is an upgrade to the stock alarm that is for vibration. Mine cost $600 but covers the vehicle replacement for 2 yrs.

Originally Posted by wesbrowning
I have a 06 Civic Hybrid. Whenever I'm in the car and lock the car with my remote , then try to get out of the car (unlocking with the door handle first) the alarm goes off. I guess this means I have the alarm system. What other features go with this alarm? What if someone shakes the car? What if someone breaks a window?

Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know whether the 08E50-S5D-100 will go off if someone breaks a window? Its not clear from the replies or from Honda customer service or dealers that I have called whether this is the case.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It probably doesn't have a glass-shattering sensor, but if someone breaks the window then opens or unlocks the door it will go off.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by byoung
Not sure if this is something that can be unprogrammed.....
When I enter the vehicle, the natural first instinct is to hit the door lock switch to lock all the door. I do this in my other cars no problem, but in the 2005HCH, it arms the alarm system. This is more than annoying as sometimes I'm just sitting in the car and my elbow hits the door's upper manual lock and it also arms the systems, then the alarm goes off when I try using the remote to disarm it. THis to me is not normal. Also, the car won't start in this situation. My daughter also likes locking the doors upon entering the vehicle for saftey, but she has to start the car first then hit the lock switch. Any ideas or comments on your own experiences for the MY2005 HCH owners?
We experience similar with our '06, the scenario that keeps occuring:

My wife and I have been shopping for groceries, return to the car, pack everything in the trunk. Then we unlock the doors, my wife gets in and closes the door (I assume not putting her key in the ignition), and I run the buggy back. When I return she might have locked the doors from the inside. I tap the glass, she unlocks the doors via the armrest button, I open a door...: and off goes the alarm.

It usually takes around 30 seconds of pushing various lock/unlock buttons on the key fob, trying the key in the ignition, open/close driver's door, before the dang thing shuts up.

To date we're not sure how to avoid this, and it does seem a bug to have this happen.

Addendum: Reading more thoroughly through the previous pages, it looks like this behaviour is by design, ie:

if you get in the car but don't put a key in the ignition, lock the doors, and subsequently unlock and open a door, the alarm will sound. This doesn't seem sensible, but that's how it apparently works.

Last edited by Mendel Leisk; 11-15-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added Addendum:

Quick Reply: Honda Factory OEM Alarm System

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands