Honda FCX Clarity Unveiled in LA

Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda FCX Clarity Unveiled in LA

OHHHH what a car, pretty, pretty, pretty even has the little bee stinger antenna , I would love to have one, not gonna get one I doubt there are any hydrogen refill points here in the pacific northwest but if I could, I surely would cause, did I mention that car is pretty!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:10 PM

" Currently, the FCX Clarity is available on a three-year lease at a cost of $600 per month, including maintenance and collision insurance."

OMG!! $600.00 per month includes all maintenance and insurance!!!

I would really love to own one of these (err lease one of these)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Anyone else moving to southern Cali?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Energy Independence

I'd seen some pictures of it before, but these are stunning! I hope the Production car looks very similar to this.

So I'm guessing that H2 technology is not very far from being READY for our consumption. Cool. I never would've bet that - with all the natural hurdles to overcome.

Sounds like building the infrastructure is the big thing holding it back, now. Of course, that's IF these things work well enough, and aren't maintenance nightmares (fuel-storage tank rust or weakening among my H2 concerns). AND, IF C.A.R.B. rulings (or some other entity) doesn't cause them to all be returned and then quietly CRUSHED. (like the EV1 and others)

Old 11-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

The official web site is here:

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
I'd seen some pictures of it before, but these are stunning! I hope the Production car looks very similar to this.
This IS the production model.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 AM

Reminds me of the line in The Who's Magic Bus.....Iwant it, I want it, I want it.....Can't have it.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Sorry Bob...

Some of us have even been kicking and screaming to get our hands on one of these for a long while. Please walk over in the "whiners lineup" and join the 10's of thousands of us still sobbing ...

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

When the Saturn (GM) EV-1 came out in the 1990s, the lease was $400/mo. It had a range of 80 miles and you had to have a 220v electric line installed in your garage to plug in the car at night.

Despite the expense and hassle of owning and operating them, people snapped them up quickly and found that they worked quite well. So, naturally, GM recalled and destroyed all EV-1s.

Fast forward 10 years and we now have the latest, greatest thing since sliced bread. $600/month with a 270 mile range -- fine. Four doors with 130 hp / 190 torque -- fine. Enough hydrogen fill stations to get around SoCal -- fine. Everything looks good.

The only thing I can't find is the price of hydrogen at these stations. How much will it cost to go 270 miles? I have a feeling it ain't cheap.

That aside, I'm cheering for the new Honda, especially since I own their Civic Hybrid. I'm hoping that in a few years, I can trade in my HCH2 for a hydrogen car that has better range, is reasonably priced (to BUY, not lease), and that the hydrogen filling stations have locations across the USA, so that I can actually drive somewhere outside of the San Angeles MegaMetroPlex.

Just as the Honda Insight and the first generation Toyota Prius weren't quite practical enough for the average driver, so is this new FCX. But like those previous two cars, I expect the FCX to improve by leaps and bounds in the coming years, and achieve mass appeal.

And maybe, if we're lucky, we'll someday be able to tell OPEC that the party's over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda FCX Clarity Unveiled in LA

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands