How hard to change the oil in the HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Think green.
Default Re: How hard to change the oil in the HCH?

Originally Posted by C2hybrid
cabin pollen/dust filter $36.78
That's about what my dealership charges for the cabin filter too. I buy them at the auto parts store now for $16 (US).

Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How hard to change the oil in the HCH?

Originally Posted by C2hybrid
I do have some serious questions about that dang dipstick reading on the CVT. [put in the 3 US quarts; now it's either over-filled or under, depending on interpretation of the method in the owner manual]. I've done some reading on other threads but questions persist.
Apologies for belabouring this in several threads, but Honda hot check of CVT fluid level does not appear to "work", in my experience. I would put in 3 quarts after thorough drain, and if you like, verify with cold engine: the dipstick should indicate around full mark on the full side.

If you do follow their instruction for hot check, you will likely come to the (erronious?) conclusion that your fluid level is low. Top it up accordingly and you will subsequently be reading too high levels on the next cold check.

Bottom line, I would stick to 3 quarts replaced after thorough draining, verify level cold, then leave it alone.