How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 06:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Just a question to those of you that have already went to the Honda .com site and pre-built your 06 HCH?

I just did the excercise with the options posted on Hondas site and came up with ($26,186.00) and this
(Does-Not) cover dealer "Labor".

Taking into consideration what the Honda dealer charged for some of the Dealer Installed Options that are on my current 05 Honda Civic it makes me wonder and a little concerned as to just how much/expensive the additional accessories are really going to cost when it's all said and done.

Just using a round figure of $800.00 for Labor for all the add ons would put the HCH at ($27,000.00) or close to that.

What do you all think about the pricing "Game"?

Old 10-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Banned
Default Re: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

That sounds about right for the market this year.

Thought I heard of some people paying up to $30K for a Prius ($32K loaded), so Honda probably thinks they are selling a bargain.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:10 PM

I agree. The highest prices are pretty much a navi + all options offered.

I think its expensive but at least this year they offer an upgraded radio. Has anyone priced an ex vs hybrid with same options?

Old 10-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Mega-profits are made from all the options, that's how they get you paying what they want you to pay for the car.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:04 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I agree that it is expensive...at face value. But I should be getting about $4400 back in the form of a Federal and Colorado State Tax Credit in 2007. I am also getting the NAV (since my wife does home health care) which adds to the overall price.

Looking solely at MSRP (I imagine that the "gas onlys" are getting discounted more than the Hybrids), the EX Automatic with NAV is $20,560 plus Destination Charge. The HCH with NAV is $23,350 plus Destination Charge. So, the price difference is $2790. Factoring in my Tax Credit, the cost of the HCH is around $1610 less than an EX, although I lose the moonroof, but gain the Auto Climate Control. I am sure there are a few other things to gain and lose. This also comes out to only $1640 more than an LX Automatic.

So, although the immediate out of pocket is pretty high, after my 2006 tax return in 2007, it will work out to be a pretty darn good deal...and I'll save gas and pollute less...Especially compared to the Sub.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Does anyone know through a website or an article how many 2006 HCH's have sold or had a deposit put down yet? I'm curious to see how much the last 2 months have affected the sales of the car as compared to possibly first-month sales of the Gen II Prius or the '05 HCH.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Originally Posted by helterskelter683
Does anyone know through a website or an article how many 2006 HCH's have sold or had a deposit put down yet? I'm curious to see how much the last 2 months have affected the sales of the car as compared to possibly first-month sales of the Gen II Prius or the '05 HCH.
Great_Questions; Can't wait to see replies;

Terry

BTW; Gas is Very-Slowly creeping down; makes me wonder if the sell of the HCH will change and people will take the 06 Civic EX instead for the $$$$$

Old 10-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Banned

I do know the 2006 HCH at Bankston Honda in Lewisville, Texas has a very short stay on the lot. Also recall a recent article that mentions many Honda dealers sell the 2006 HCHs as soon as they arrive. It's a waiting queue like the Prius just not as long....

Old 10-16-2005, 06:02 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I do know the 2006 HCH at Bankston Honda in Lewisville, Texas has a very short stay on the lot. Also recall a recent article that mentions many Honda dealers sell the 2006 HCHs as soon as they arrive. It's a waiting queue like the Prius just not as long....
Hi chuck; do i under stand you that their are dealers that already have had the 06 HCH's in stock and have delivered them to customers already?

Terry

BTW; chuck; have you seen one of the new 06 HCH's yourself???

I'm so Jealous LOL

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-16-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Helterskelter683:

___I think the 06 Tax credit will be the ultimate skew of hybrid sales data over the next 10 weeks although the HCH-II will probably depress both HCH-I (if there are any left?) and Prius II sales for a few weeks as it slowly appears on Honda dealership lots.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: How-Many-Think-The 06 HCH Is $ Expensive $

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands