How much did you Pay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default How much did you Pay?

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a little while now. I went down to the dealership this past friday and test drove an 06 HCH. I was very impressed and am pretty much sold now. The only thing standing in my way now is finding a dealer who wants to cooperate with me. The dealer was attempting to charge me a $2500 "Market Adjustment" fee. After going back and forth with the sales rep and making him trip and stumble over his words a few times, he finally stopped with all the BS and got the sales manager. He proceded to come clean and admited that the "Market Adjustment" fee was just a way for the dealership to make more money. After talking with him I got him to lower the "Market BS" fee to only $1000 over MSRP and he would trade his white HCH II to another dealer for the Magnetic Pearl one with Navi that I want. I'm still not convenced this is the best deal out there though. I've never paid MSRP for a vehicle before, yet alone over MSRP for one. So my questions for you all are:

1) How much did you all pay?

2) For those of you who ordered a new car with specific features, how did you do this? I tried that approach with my dealer and he told me it would not be an option. I find that hard to believe, but don't have any proof.

3) I read conflicting reports about hybrids in general. Some reads indicate that the hybrid gets the best gas mileage in city driving. Other reads indicate that depending on the type of hybrid, it will very from city to highway. So with the HCH II which is it? I do a fair amount of city driving, but def more highway driving than city. Just wanted to make sure it would be worth the extra money for the hybrid.

Thanks in advanced everyone. And thanks for all the helpful posts that I've been reading here for the last couple of weeks. Everyone seems really helpfuly. By the way, don't let my name fool you, I'm actually in Florida...

Old 02-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you Pay?

I think this has been done to death in a number of other threads -- try a search for "Civic" and "MSRP", and I think you'll get more than enough information to assist you in your negotiations.

Good hunting!

Don

Old 02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

Go to www.consumerreports.org and pay $12 for a car report on the HCH. This will give you every detail on the car: what the dealer pays for each option, what the dealer charges you for each option, the profit margin, all dealer incentives, hold backs, and kick backs. When I walked in armed with all this information, I was able to get nearly $4000 off my FEH. Also, we bargained over the phone before setting foot on any lot and had salesmen at our fingertips wanting us to set foot on their lot. That way you can be in contact with 12 different dealerships and play them off of each other. Good luck!

Old 02-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I'll check consumerreports and I'll do a search on here...

Old 02-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I paid $1000 under MSRP for the 2006 HCH silver without NAV in a remote corner of California January 2, 2006, no wait.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:43 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: How much did you Pay?

John from Florida;

Read the Link Below, this will give you an idea as to how I handled a difficult dealer.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ight=cancelled

HTH;

Terry

Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Z71
Enthusiast

I paid negotiated $500 over invoice in ordered the car in October when no one was interested in hybrids. The order got bounced back 2 times from Honda , so the dealer states. After 2 months of nonsense, the dealer did an on order swap with another dealer. Received the silver W/navi end of January. Dealer states an alarm was put in at the port and will cost me an extra $566. Told him he was full of sh*t and just wanted to make a bigger profit. I have no problem with the dealer wanting to make more money, but don't bullsh*t me. I took the car anyway because I did not want to wait any longer. So basically I paid $1000 over invoice including a useless alarm.
Rick

Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It already comes with an alarm.
Standard.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Z71
Enthusiast

I know. This has a motion sensor and a passive set (very annoying) even if the doors are not locked. I keep the car in valet mode so i don't have to deal with the alarm going off every time i open the door.
Rick

Old 02-06-2006, 08:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Angry Re: How much did you Pay?

Originally Posted by Z71
I paid negotiated $500 over invoice in ordered the car in October when no one was interested in hybrids. The order got bounced back 2 times from Honda , so the dealer states. After 2 months of nonsense, the dealer did an on order swap with another dealer. Received the silver W/navi end of January. Dealer states an alarm was put in at the port and will cost me an extra $566. Told him he was full of sh*t and just wanted to make a bigger profit. I have no problem with the dealer wanting to make more money, but don't bullsh*t me. I took the car anyway because I did not want to wait any longer. So basically I paid $1000 over invoice including a useless alarm.
Rick
Hey Rick;

Your Dead-On-Target:

Pitiful:

Glad you like your HCH II though.

Terry

Quick Reply: How much did you Pay?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands