How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

I took my 2006 HCH in for its first service at the Honda dealership this morning. It's an oil change, filter, tire rotation, general look over. They quoted me what I think is an atrocious price.

If you've had this routine service at a dealership, how much did you pay?

Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

Originally Posted by ElanC
I took my 2006 HCH in for its first service at the Honda dealership this morning. It's an oil change, filter, tire rotation, general look over. They quoted me what I think is an atrocious price.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you since I haven't gone in for first service yet. I'm interested to see what answers you get. My dealer gave me a "coupon" for a free first oil change, but I hadn't thought that there would be "extras" on top of that.

Dan

Old 06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC

Just bail on the service and go for the oil change. What did they want to nick you for it?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have not done mine yet but I'll guess they wanted $119.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

They wanted $50 for just the oil change for me.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

yeah, it is routine stuff. my first oil change is free. after that it will not be going to the dealer. you can get a list or i tis in the manual about what is done at each interval. the dealer will rake you over the coals.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Enthusiastically Active

They tried to charge me $140. I asked what for, and they detailed a lot of extra stuff beyond what the maintenance computer was requesting. I asked for just the oil/tire rotation as the computer said and they argued...... saying they were doing Honda's typical 7,500 mile service. I asked why they would go against wha the car's computer said and they finally gave in. The oil change/tire rotation for the hybrid was around $60 if I remember correctly. they still did all of the checks and inspections that they included in the $140 service. I'm about due again (20%)at a little over 15,000 miles so it will be interesting to see if they have lightened up since they have likely dealt with more 06 civics by now. My first service was in January since my wife has a long commute so we were likely one of the first 06 Civics to get a service at that dealership.

Bottom line, make sure they are only charging you for what is required in the maintenance computer/manual. Dealerships always try to do more for more $. Either way, oil changes are more for hybrids than non-hybrids.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

wow, I feel lucky with the dealer I have. My dealer has given me a price sheet with the services on it. The A1(oil change/tire rotation) service if I remember right is 25 bux.

Jayson

Old 06-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ravadac
wow, I feel lucky with the dealer I have. My dealer has given me a price sheet with the services on it. The A1(oil change/tire rotation) service if I remember right is 25 bux.

Jayson
If that is for a Hybrid (not gas engine 1.8) Civic, I think your dealer is leaving money on the table. $35-40 is not unreasonable at all. $50 is on the high side.

Either way, the dealer giving you a price sheet with the cost of each service is a fabulous idea!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Archslater
Bottom line, make sure they are only charging you for what is required in the maintenance computer/manual. Dealerships always try to do more for more $. Either way, oil changes are more for hybrids than non-hybrids.
Exactly, going in blind (at any dealership) and doing whatever services at whatever costs they suggest is like going in and saying, "oh here's my wallet, take what you like, and return it to me when you are done!!!"

Most dealerships have their service advisors on a commision based pay plan for a reason!

On the other hand there are plenty of decent dealers out there, just gotta find one and stick with them (for sales and service).

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your first service at Honda?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands