I love the new civic so much I bought the....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default I love the new civic so much I bought the....

STOCK!

I'm ready to buy now, but I want to find a silver/nav/xm and willing to wait till the new 06 tax credit takes effect....so instead of buying the car I bought shares of HMC this morning.

Then motor trend announced it as the car of the year! Long story short, I made about 0.5% return already! Thats 178% annualized return.....if it keeps headed up 0.5% a day for the next 356 days that is

Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: I love the new civic so much I bought the....

While you're making money on HMC, you can really clean up by shorting the hell out of Garbage Motors (GM) stock or buying GM put options!

Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I love the new civic so much I bought the....

Originally Posted by tanstaafl14
While you're making money on HMC, you can really clean up by shorting the hell out of Garbage Motors (GM) stock or buying GM put options!
I was thinking of that pair Long HMC/short GM but GM is already at its low (actually bounced) and not quite sure exactly how much downside/how fast is left.

Also there are huge convertible bonds out there that are now trading at 70 implied vol, the delta hedging (overhang) is gonna keep it kinda range bound in the nearterm.

Judging from what coming down the pipe, they do look soft but its hard to tell what kinda crap theyre gonna pull when its such a historic and large company.

I gotta do more research first.....did you put on the trade?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by powerglide
STOCK!

I'm ready to buy now, but I want to find a silver/nav/xm and willing to wait till the new 06 tax credit takes effect....so instead of buying the car I bought shares of HMC this morning.

Pray HARD that Acura doesn't mess up this year, and that, by some act of Grace, Honda is going to be able to off-load all those Ridgelines they built.

Because of the slowwwwww sell-thru on Ridgeline and Odyssey right now, my local Honda dealer's NEW lot looks more like a GMC dealer, but with happier faces because of the sold-out accords and civics.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
Pray HARD that Acura doesn't mess up this year, and that, by some act of Grace, Honda is going to be able to off-load all those Ridgelines they built.

Because of the slowwwwww sell-thru on Ridgeline and Odyssey right now, my local Honda dealer's NEW lot looks more like a GMC dealer, but with happier faces because of the sold-out accords and civics.
So true!
There were alot Ridgelines thats for sure.

BTW I already sold out of it for now....cool 1.5 % in 24 hours...I think it has alot of upside left in it and I will buy again, but I had to buy something else real quick.

.....I can't concentrate cuz I want the HCH sooo badly now!

Silver/blue (I especailly love that blue interior, together with the blue backlighting!!)

Old 11-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nice! I bought some a few weeks back and am happy I did so. On a side note, my Toyota holdings are up 25% !!!!!!! Plus they make dividends.

Originally Posted by powerglide
STOCK!

Then motor trend announced it as the car of the year! Long story short, I made about 0.5% return already! Thats 178% annualized return.....if it keeps headed up 0.5% a day for the next 356 days that is