I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

what do you guys think of buying cars over the internet? I made a bid for a civic hybrid with navi:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

I put my pacifica on ebay. Didnt meet the reserve, but its ok i think. just make sure you have something in writing stating , Final sale based on inspection. Good luck

Old 01-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Darwin23
what do you guys think of buying cars over the internet? I made a bid for a civic hybrid with navi:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW
It's a dealer selling a new car, so I don't see much of a problem. If you live close enough to the dealer, in Bedford Ohio, it may be a good deal. Otherwise shipping it will cost you. It'll be interesting to see if it sells above or below the MSRP of $23,350. Roght now it's about $850 less, which is a good deal.

Here's a hint - When you bid for something on ebay it's not in your interest to let the world know about the auction. You're inviting other people to outbid you.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
Here's a hint - When you bid for something on ebay it's not in your interest to let the world know about the auction. You're inviting other people to outbid you.
I actually am kinda looking forward for others to outbid me....coz' I live in los angeles and the shipping will cost a lot. If i get the car on the starting bid, then with the cost of shipping it will jus end up about 200 less than sticker. So I sorta share the civic if others want it.......I'm 2nd guessing my decision on buying a car i cant drive right away and have to wait up to 45 days to get to me.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Darwin23
I actually am kinda looking forward for others to outbid me....coz' I live in los angeles and the shipping will cost a lot. If i get the car on the starting bid, then with the cost of shipping it will jus end up about 200 less than sticker. So I sorta share the civic if others want it.......I'm 2nd guessing my decision on buying a car i cant drive right away and have to wait up to 45 days to get to me.
Well, in that case you've just made it $100 more expensive for the next guy by bidding on it first.

I know, it's the itch to bid. Think before you click.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Engineering Professor

I sold two cars (1991 and 1994 Ford Probes) on ebay. It worked out quite well, but your seller may not be as honest as I was (at least those times).

JeffD

Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM

I saw that same ad on eBay and was thinking the same thing. If you get it for what you just bid, it's probably worth it. It's new and from a dealer and a nice model to boot. Looking forward to see how it plays out.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have that SAME car. I'd say fly out there and get it. They're willing to pay for your airfare and transportation the dealership. I'd do it. Just drive it back. I went up to Davis, CA to get mine. Never thought twice about it....

Old 01-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mexiken
I have that SAME car. I'd say fly out there and get it. They're willing to pay for your airfare and transportation the dealership. I'd do it. Just drive it back. I went up to Davis, CA to get mine. Never thought twice about it....

its 2,400 miles from the dealership to my house. it will take me the whole week to drive it back.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Enthusiast

My only comment would be to check the color with the seller, since the listing says grey, and the photo is different. Unless you don't care what the color is....

Quick Reply: I made a bid on ebay for a civic hybrid.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands