intelligent wipers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default intelligent wipers?

cold and raining here in sf last night. driving on the way into the city, the bay bridge was backed up from the toll plaza all the way to highway 24. traffic was stop and go the whole way. i had the wipers on intermittent (slowest setting). i noticed that sometimes, if we go to moving maybe 10mph and then had to hit the brakes, that the wipers would come on. it was definitely out of cycle because the normal wipe would happen, then i would hit the brake and then a second wipe would immediately happen. i know that my parent's bmw 7 series does this and i'm wondering if perhaps the civic ii does too? has anyone else noticed this behavior?

also, i noticed that the intelligence behind the AS was perhaps more robust than i thought. normally, i've noticed that AS comes on after you've dropped to below 8mph. if you let go of the brake but never make it above a couple mph then slow down, it will AS again. twice i think. however, last night in heavy traffic it seemed that the car just gave up on AS after it figured out that we are starting and stopping a lot. i'm not certain of this but it really looked this way. as if, the onboard computer was sampling avg. speed, number of full stops, brake pedal pressure during a certain period.

anyways, this is my third week with the hchii and i'm loving it more and more each day.

cheers,
neil

Old 02-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: intelligent wipers?

i guess the hchii does have it:

(page 72 of owners manual) "while the vehcile is stopped and in gear, the wipers sweep the windshield whenever you remove your foot from the brake pedal."

cool!

Old 02-19-2006, 05:58 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: intelligent wipers?

Hi;

Now ain't that just the ultimate stuff?

I guess there is no end to Honda's thinking.

Very cool.

Terry

Old 02-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nbalthaser
i guess the hchii does have it:

(page 72 of owners manual) "while the vehcile is stopped and in gear, the wipers sweep the windshield whenever you remove your foot from the brake pedal."

cool!
It's very cool, indeed. When you stop at a light, the wipers will STOP bothering you until you start moving again... That's why they start again as soon as you remove your foot from the pedal.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Just another in the long list of advantages the HCH has over the Prius !

Just kid'n of course. I really think both cars are great...just depends what your preferences are.